I know this will send most of you into a rage, but.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gimpymoo, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Gimpymoo

Gimpymoo Registered

Can the game be played with a gamepad :eek:

I do not have my wheel setup 24x7 and it would be nice to use a pad while in the office or just fancy a few laps.

I tried RF1 with a 360 pad but never really spent much time tweaking it.

Does the game support the 360 pad natively?

Thanks.

2. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

It can, yes. I think we had a couple testers (even a programmer who didn't feel like setting up his wheel) use a gpad during testing. We have a profile for the 360 gpad, yes...

3. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

Shouldn´t the rage of your boss be your major concern... ;-)

4. Cygnific

Cygnific Registered

I tried a 360 pad last night because the wheel makes to much noise (wife would get angry) and it is playable. Plenty of settings to change, and can save to a new profile also.

5. Willi

Willi Registered

is force feedback / rumble working (for me it's not :( )? do you use the Microsoft driver coming with Windows 7?

6. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

I reckon it's easier on a keyboard than with a gamepad - I used to play it on my laptop when I was bored at work ;)

7. MiniMadPaul

MiniMadPaul Registered

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm so very mad and enraged by this post. How on earth can you get away with playing this at work? Its very maddening indeed.

8. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Yeah, it works well with the 360 controller. I was out of town on business and took my laptop so as to not miss a rF1 league race. No problems... in fact in some ways things are easier because you can correct some slides much faster with the stick. Back in the day, some of the fastest sim racers used a joystick and pedals setup because of that fast steering response.

9. vali

vali Registered

I think it is ok as long as you are the boss :cool:

10. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

As above, it helps if you run the company ;)

11. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

It's good to be the boss. Frankly I wouldn't get any work done if I had my sim rig down here at my shop. Forums are a big enough distraction!!

12. Cygnific

Cygnific Registered

Sorry for the late response. No, rumble is not working. Yes, just the driver from windows 7.

13. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

14. websta

websta Registered

I use a gamepad for testing. Takes up less deskspace, a wheel would get in the way of early development.

If I had a wheel setup attached to my desk, I would not get any modding done.

15. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Okay I thought I would add my feedback, I have played rF1 and rF2 beta using wheels and pads, as I love testing, I have found the best pad is a Ps3 pad it can be connected by either a blue tooth dongle available from argos 9.99, or by the usb charge wire, then download motionjoy gamepad tool and it works very well, I can do laps at mills in rF1 at 115.5 which is pretty good, and have done laps in the new megane at north loop 102.5 and portugal gt 138.5, I have tried the xbox 360 pad and it has no where near the accuracy using the anologue sticks for steering best lap I got in portugal was 140.2. I also use a logitech g25 which is amazing not too say apart from the crazy feedback, I know of great keyboard drivers in rF1 but I will add it takes a lot of time to be good with it. :)