Car runs in slow motion even with average 70fps

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by GrimDad, Jan 12, 2012.

1. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

You are but Tim was replying to someone else and pointed out that the OP (you) had a different problem.
    What's dropping out of the beta going to do for you?
    Your more than likely to 'buy' it again aren't you?
    The devs need your input to help fix the problem.

I also get the stuttering,not like your problem.
    I have yet to try the 'fix' but I will.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I dropped out now before missing the opportunity to get a refund.
    I personally don't think there will be a fix for my issue anytime soon.

3. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Hi! I had that problem, but I think It's fixed. I've an Intel Core i5, and I always was suffering that problem... I fixed It changing rFactor2.exe CPU affinity with the task manager. Try with different cores, I usually play with cores 0, 1 and 3 enabled, and 2 disabled. But sometimes the problem comes back, and I have to disable core 0 (disabling 2 cores I lose fps, but the problem is fixed totally).

I hope It works to you!

PS: Sorry my english! :)

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

5. m00ndancer

m00ndancer Registered

To get around the hassle of changing affinity I use this program:
    http://edgemeal.110mb.com/SetAffinity/index.htm
    http://edgemeal.110mb.com/Files/Set_Affinity_64_1.01b.zip

Been using it for all the ISI based sims in Win7 64-bit

That way you can set the number and cores used with the exe you want.

6. hoover

hoover Registered

Good to see you saw it through Grimdad ;)

Uwe

7. a1gpmatty

a1gpmatty Registered

I have tried the above affinity settings and it does improve a lot. However, I still have the "slow motion" effect. It does not last as long and also the FPS has increased.

Thanks

8. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Doh

:)

9. hoover

hoover Registered

Setting the affinity or disabling / enabling cores did not help with my stuttering problem, same goes for disabling the replay recording, updating win7 64bit or re-installing the latest nv drivers (285.xx).

Cheers, Uwe

10. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Have a look at this post Uwe http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/2646-A-small-tip-for-NVIDIA-users

There are a few tips in on the first page that might help.

Make sure your card is listed before installing the beta 290 drivers.
    My GTX560ti is running smoother.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That is an utterly strange problem... Does anybody know if it is possible to have a bad core on a single CPU?

12. Stanty

Stanty Registered

I've been having this issue also. I've read through the thread and checked my drivers which are all fine, changed the Affinity and "Skip Update" thing and it feels a little better but still not really right. Total lack of grip at any speed, don't think I've left the Mills pitlane without hitting the outside wall yet with the understeer. And as mentioned previously, other drivers (AI) seem to be driving at proper speeds, where as I have no sensation of speed.

Edit, I was just on a Megane server, and to echo the speed difference. I was accelerating on a straight and at 80mph, I was overtaken by someone doing 67mph. I hope this is a problem that can be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  13. hewi12

hewi12 Registered

Just had the same problem on a server running about 14 cars. Meganes where the cars of choice. Ive never had the problem until now, but come to think of it, ive only been in server with up to about 5 cars before, so maybe its a number of cars issue somehow.

Intel Q6600 OC'd to 3.3 (tried all the multi core options to no avail)
    ATI HD6950 2GB (latest WHQL drivers installed)

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

a) for one thing- to all the people saying they want thier money back and whining that "This will never get solved for me" and "I want my money back!"

This is a Beta test

Any and all issues will be addressed in due time. rF1 was buggy as hell when it was released and it ended up being a great sim after the final update. Tough it out, man up and PARTICIPATE int he beta by coming in these threads and reporting the FACTS.

b) I'm getting this slo-mo issue today. Specs in profile. I only raced the Meganes today (first time I got the slo-mo issue) and I got slo-mo about 1/4 of the way through my first laps on Monaco (F1 Elites Meganes on any track mod) and on the North Loop (Meganes standard mod).

I alt+tabbed and all that did was CTD rF2. I tried to restart the game and that only had marginal success (the issue came back eventually on both online servers). I went to another track on anther server and the issue went away.

15. hoover

hoover Registered

Hey Grimdad,

thanks for your suggestions, I tried all of them and a few more but still have terrible stuttering in the Meganes and FR35s at Mills and Sepang.

Recent developments let me hope though that a fix for this problem is in the works. I'm still on 285.xx drivers.

All the best, Uwe

16. Sebast1anVettel

Sebast1anVettel Registered

Sorry im Austrian , and my english is not the best , Can someone help me in his german speak , because i´v the same problem , i drive with 300 Km/h but it feels like 170 Km/h , and everybody overtakes me and i have no Grip in Turns .!! Please Help .

Thanks
    Danke !

17. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Probier mal Strg+C und schau, ob der violette Balken fast oder ganz voll ist, dann ist deine CPU überlastet und RF2 fällt aus der Realtime. Geht mir auch so bei der 79 Mod, da da anscheinend viel CPU Power bei den Reifen verbraucht wird. Ich kann maximal gegen 8 KI Gegner fahren und dann kommt der "Zeitlupeneffekt". Du kannst nur versuchen, weniger Gegner und/oder die Einstellungen runterschrauben.

Vielleicht ist es aber auch ein "alter" Treiber fürs Lenkrad oder überhaupt ein altes Lenkrad:

Some older force feedback drivers cannot handle rFactor2's high-fidelity update rate and in fact make the simulation fall out-of-realtime (you'll notice if things get jerky and slow and the purple bar on the CPU Time graph goes to 100%).

There are two possible fixes:
    1) get updated drivers from your hardware manufacturer (recommended).
    2) open up controller.ini and set "Skip Updates" to a non-zero value. Note that the presets for new Thrustmaster wheels include the second fix in case users haven't updated their drivers. Again, we recommend updating the drivers and setting "Skip Updates" back to 0.