gMotor problems

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Sergio Lorente, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Sergio Lorente

Sergio Lorente Registered

I have a friend who cannot post in the forum; this is that he wanna say:

Hi ISI. So at all today to the night me and bought the thread, and with the whole emotion that tape-worm raises me to lowered at one stroke by 4 mistakes...
    *1-gMotor2 Error:Error getting stats for texture BKB.DOSE error loading texture BKB for material BKB.
    2-gMotor2 error: Error loading global material BKB.
    3-gMotor2error:Error getting stats for texture LamPGLOW_01.DDSerror loading texture LamPGLOW_01 for material LAMPGLOW01_SIMLWRM.
    4-gMotor2 Error: Error loading global material LAMPGLOW01_SIMLWRM

I hope be hot be able help ... since I take the head as a bass-drum of so much searching...
    *THX

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I'm... guessing this is auto-translated? Sorry, I have little idea what you're trying to say. If you're having these error messages try re-downloading and re-installing the affected mods.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can't understand what's being said. Also, if he cannot post here, why not?

If he is being told he cannot register (which some people are if they match certain SPAM triggers), he can send us a message to create his account manually.

4. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

Hi, I'm another friend of him. I've seen he does not have permission to post. His nickname is Locura.

I've been trying to help him, we've reinstalled rfactor2 and all the mods, and trying different settings, but he gets always gmotor errors when the game starts loading the track. I'm familiar with these errors, common when textures or objects are missing, but cant figure out how to fix it since it's a clean install of the sim and ISI mods.

Specs: Windows XP SP3, Radeon X1600, Core2 4300 @ 1.8 Ghz

5. seby417

seby417 Registered

Hi !

Got the sames errors !

In fact, it's seem the problem is when I'm loading car, the errors come when i'm loading car in the showroom as well.

I have the same video card (Radeon X1600)

re-Install the game (and Mod) as well, still no luck
    So for now, cannot play the game :(

Seb

View attachment 526

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  6. Zuh

Zuh Registered

Hello my name is LoCuRa!! My problem is the same as already my friends said mas above... Solution?

7. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Hate to point it out but for one your GPU, the X1600, is WELL below the minimum requirements to run this game. The X1600 even in XT form is catastrophically underpowered compared to the specified minimum, the HD3850.

The X1600 is a very, very old and slow card. Whilst it's a rough guide Tomshardware (not an absolute authority but a fair guide never the less) put up an ATI GPU ranking where cards were grouped by general performance strata. Under the individual powerhouse cards the 3850 is in the 5th performance category. The X1600 however is in the 17th. In more tangible terms you could have three or four X1600s working side by side and they'd still not add up to the horsepower of an HD3850 which, again, is the bare minimum.

Don't consider this an attack on your hardware, not everyone can afford to stay up-to-date but even if you circumvent that error... don't expect a playable experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  8. Zuh

Zuh Registered

The is my only option to change the graph? Goes some Fix or something to this type of problems ... for that I and paid 35 € and not and had no ISI's help

9. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

It seems likely that that's the issue (though it's not certain) but honestly this is a case where you purchased software that is explicitly unsuitable for your computer; I can't really see how that's ISI's fault. Not only that but do remember that this is a beta test, there can be no clearer warning that there will be issues.

10. seby417

seby417 Registered

I understand that my GPU is below minimum but, in fact, if the GPU is below minimum, it should a least be able to load car but a xtremely low FPS ?

maybe I am wrong

what do you think guys ?

11. Zuh

Zuh Registered

I think like seby. Mistake comes on having loaded him circuit... For many graph for that he asks it would have to stop enter us not? In others I play already me to past but it me goes slowly and ready. They do not give me problems of txturas or any thing ... it me goes very very slowly and point.

And the question is not alone this, if not that no administrator of ISI to position in contact for " to try to solve the problem "!

For much that is a beta, me to help to trying to solve the problem not?.

Thx ISI

Sorry for my English since not much and I have to help with translator.

12. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

The fact that this seems to be exclusively happening to guys with X1600s is a strong indication. That'd suggest either the drivers for older X series cards, (no longer updated most likely) or the card its self has a problem. As for running other games on it - I think that's what Zuh is getting at - this isn't other games. The minimum required GPU for F12011 is an X1800, the minimum for iRacing it's an X1600 and for rFactor 1 it's a 9200. These do not approach the minimum card required to run rFactor 2. Just the way it is really.

As for directly interacting with a member of ISI... I'm sure if they have anything to add when they get the time they will.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  13. Zuh

Zuh Registered

I and Played to RF1 Iracing and F1 2011 without problems ... these saying that the RF2 has mas graphical that F1 2011?

14. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Significantly - F12011 is a closed console port where RF2 is an open-platform PC exclusive title with far more advanced lighting, shaders, environment and, of course, is a beta. Whilst the 3850 seems like a conservative lower estimate it has about the horsepower of four or five X1600s.

Not to mention that in this case:
    The CPU is also well below spec and I imagine it the same with the other systems that are housing X1600s.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2012
  15. seby417

seby417 Registered

Well, I understand all this, but the point is error while loading cars like this: View attachment 564

It seems a lot more software than hardware for me, what do you think ?

Maybe a friend from ISI should tell us a little more about this ?

Thank you :)

Seby

16. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Again, it seems it has only been reported by people using X1600s and even if it is a software-specific issue with X1600s why fix for what you're not even supporting? That's like retrofitting a plane so it can go underwater.

17. Zuh

Zuh Registered

A sapphire Radeom HD 5670 1gb gdr5 civil servant well?

18. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

It's better than a 3850 but only so long as it suits your system and many times faster than an X1600.

19. HarryCS

HarryCS Registered

I have a similar problem as Seby.

Installing the mods seems to go ok, first a verifying bar, then the installing bar.

Then I launch the single player, menus open ok, I can choose series, cars, tracks settings...

Then I click Race, track loading screen opens, but immediately gives a gmotor error, example from 60´s Spa:

gMotor 2 Error; Error getting stats for texture LAMPGLOW_01.DDSError loading texture Lampglow_01 for material LAMPGLOW01_SIMPLWRM.

Similar at Monaco missing texture SWHEEL....don´t remember exaxtly.. and so on.

I have the latest drivers in my (old I know) GPU. I suppose the game should work with my pc, the errors seem more like I would have something missing in my installation ( corrupt RFMOD files?). I have been hoping for a solution for a similar problem for starters.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks!

system:
    XP home 32bit SP3
    Intel Duo E8500 3.16Hz
    Radeon X1800

20. Zuh

Zuh Registered

We all wait for the same response that your from ISI