rFactor2 Rank: Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoover, Jan 12, 2012.

1. willevans

willevans Registered

GPL was sure the trend setter. GPL got so many things just right. So many racing games have come and gone but GPL keeps on keeping on. Anyways back to rf2. I have a think about the mayhem you mentioned (20,000) combinations. Keep everything going for sure but what if only ISI released tracks and cars were used for specific challenge. GPL had just 11 tracks and the 7 cars (21 cars with f2 and f3), yet with just that combination it still set standards that have yet to be surpassed. Well it's only a thought but maybe something along those lines might be possible with something for everyone.
    Regards

2. hoover

hoover Registered

I hear ya, Will. Much of GPL's fascination lay in the (considering todays standards) content limitations, and just think of how much influence the old Nurby Ring had on your handicap... we had many discussions about including this track in the overall calculation.

It's quite likely we'll include the Nordschleife in the "ISI Classic" challenge at some point, but I have no idea which version we'll be using.

Cheers, Uwe

3. hoover

hoover Registered

Track mappings have been added. Similar to car mappings, these objects allow us to map tracks which are marginally different to others to a single track, reducing the amount of track clutter in the database.

I just created a mapping for the upcoming PORTUGAL_SCES track version (which adds pit boxes and removes the headlights DQ) to ISI's original PORTUGAL_GP course.

Let me know if other tracks could do with a mapping.

All the best,

Uwe

4. willevans

willevans Registered

Just a quick note.
    I noticed in the car entry in rf2rank there is a double entry.
    ISI Historics F3 / EVE_F3
    ISI Historics F3 / EVE F3

5. hoover

hoover Registered

New releases added to rF2 Rank:

Corvette C6R

Sardian Heights (both layouts)

ISI Montreal 2006

Kodi ZR (only ZTYPE for now, let me know if any classes / cars come up missing)

Enjoy, Uwe

6. hoover

hoover Registered

South Shore GT layout has also been added.

Congratulations to Lewis Yaussy to be the first driver ever to "go negative" in the ISI Classic challenge, well done!

http://rf2.gplrank.info/handicaps/3/

7. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

we'll add a new reference benchmark time to the ISI Classic challenge over the weekend, it's going to be Bathurst in the C6R (this track / car combo is an absolute blast ;))

I'll recalculate the handicaps and post here once we've added the benchmark time including a setup and hotlap replay for download.

Cheers, Uwe

8. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Never used rF2rank but that is tempting. We ran a public server yesterday and the times went down into the 2.06s already :)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

9. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks very much to our rFactor2's very own "Stig" "hexagramme" we now have another reference lap for the "ISI Classic" challenge, featuring the brand new Corvette C6R GT2 @ Maniak's fantastic "Bathurst" version.

Hexagramme managed a whopping 2:06.856 around this demanding circuit, "going negative" handicap-wise for me just moved about 5 seconds further away ;)

Thanks to "hexagramme" for also providing the setup he used and a replay of his hotlap, both are available for download over at

http://rf2.gplrank.info/

The handicap ranking has also been updated, to make sure to re-upload your lap times in order to calculate your new handicap.

All the best,

Uwe

10. hoover

hoover Registered

The new Adelaide track by Digga has been added to the ranks.

Enjoy, Uwe

11. hoover

hoover Registered

The ISI StockCar and a few tracks have been added. Please post here if anything comes up missing.

Cheers, Uwe

12. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Huh, never knew I did that, and I'm not there anymore if I was. Anyway, I have discovered a big issue, although I'm not sure what can really be done about it. It appears that laps driven by the AI count as valid laps. One time I put my car on AI control and let if run several laps to build up rubber, and accedently impoved my WR by 0.3 seconds lol. I already had WR anyway, but that still isn't right. Also, I see that Gilles Buffualt has a 1:03 at sebring in the GTR GT1. That has to be a mistake lol.

13. hoover

hoover Registered

Yep indeed it is (AI laps registering), but atm there's nothing that can be done about except for bugging the devs. I'll commence doing so shortly ;)

Cheers, Uwe

14. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Hello Uwe :)
    I think there's some missing or renamed content:
    2015 Titan StockCar, 2015 Edgar GT StockCar
    Nordschleife Tourist Summer is now NORDSCHLEIFE2_TOURIST_SUMMER
    Nordschleife Tourist Fall is now NORDSCHLEIFE2_TOURIST_AUTUMN

Thank you

15. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Cosimo Streppone has a 02:06.488 posted at Nordschliefe 24hr in the indycar. Please remove this, becuase unless he was driving a year model 2346 indycar powered by nuclear fusion, it is obviously a mistake of some sort lol.

Also, please add mountain peak oval, seems to be missing.

16. Johnathan Johnson

Johnathan Johnson Banned

Nordschliefe2 is the new version. There is a v2.01 out now.

17. Johnathan Johnson

Johnathan Johnson Banned

I have a suggestion. I would like to have a way to link to a video for a laptime on rf2Rank.

It could look like this

Driver Country Car Type Date Laptime Video Buddy

By default, under video it could say "Add video" or something as a clickable link, and click that link to add link to video. Would be nice.

18. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Yes, the scenery is different, but the road is the same.

19. peevee

peevee Registered

I have some feedback for this great and essential tool.
    Would like to see:

1. Click on My Laps link and be able to view lap times by date uploaded
    2. URD EGT Mod would be good to show lap times of individual cars: Ferrucio, Bayro, Darche, Arthur Merlin, Corvette
    3. Add to list RENAULT MEGANE WORLD TROPHY MOD V1.01 http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/renault-megane-world-trophy-mod-v1-01.7623/

Keep up the good work - this has injected a great element to rF2 experience

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I think that is for the double entry in the ISI filter.

What needs to be fixed is the "Fast F3" mod times are still validated, which kind of makes the whole F3 section redundant.

Which also infers to me it may be possible for a different modded car to do the same in another class.