G27 Center Calibration off to the right. (Myself and a Friend Confirm)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by ZeosPantera, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I thought it was just me but a friend with a modified G27 had the same thing occur. I have to adjust the center calibration to the right slightly.

[​IMG]

Also why the hell is the steering wheel in the upper left not round? This is 2012 it should be a default for widescreen.

2. Shiftfac3d

Shiftfac3d Registered

My wheel is stock, no mods, g27 and when I center the wheel by eye and click center it is also slightly to the right of the center line just like yours. Also just curious. Setting your clutch to 15%, how come? as well as the brake sensitivity. I haven't noticed any punishment for not using the clutch at all so I have been shifting w/o it.

3. Jux

Jux Registered

I also have G27 and I don't have that problem. What my problem was though, was that rF2 did not detect my wheel. I also have gamepad cotroller and it only detected my gamepad. Then I had to manually map my wheel functions to game functions and it worked fine. Maybe if you reassign "turn left" and "turn right", may be it will work.

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I find the clutch acts a bit more realistically if you kill it at the end and it is far easier to let off without binding with the 15%. My brake uses a Load Cell Mod so that always needs custom calibration.

I tried to load the G27 preset and nothing worked because I have the G27, a Thrustmaster Joystick and my shifter has the internals of a logitech Gamepad. So my G27 came up in the preset as Joy1 when it is actually Joy3..

5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Registered

Have the same center bug with the G25 as well....

6. marcobost

marcobost Registered

G27, same here.

7. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

8. apostlegato

apostlegato Registered

Same thing with ECCI 6000 wheel.

9. Syonco

Syonco Registered

And same with ECCI 7000

10. argo0

argo0 Registered

Same here with DFGT. After installation, it was fine. Played again a few days later and had this problem. Also, it drove like it was off centre as well. Reinstalled my wheel which cured the driving off centre, but still looks off in the graph

11. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

I think it's an issue with the graph, not your wheel or calibration. The center line isn't quite in the center.

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Interesting. Call the Graphic Artists!

13. wittsend

wittsend Registered

I dont think its the graph guys. I'll centre my G27 with the button ingame, it will show up off centre on the graph just the same as you guys, but mine will change every now and then in-game from left to right. It seems to happen after coming off the track and having the FFB go nuts on the bumps. I'll get back on to the track and hey presto its off centre again, and the Degrees of rotation tend to change as well when this happens (I have the "Vehicle set" DoR turned on) so my physical wheel is no longer the same as the onscreen one. I end up having to constantly recentre the wheel in the controller menu.

Logi Pofiler 5.1 Windows 7 (x64)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
  14. wittsend

wittsend Registered

After some more mucking around, maybe it is a graphics problem in the menu. I think my problem goes beyond the topic of this thread.
    With both a G25 and G27 i have the off right problem in the menu. As for the rest of my troubles, would it be worthwhile starting a new thread? I thought it might have been a problem with my wheel physically, but Ive just had a G25 do it to me as well.

15. wittsend

wittsend Registered

Ok looks like it was a problem with my wheel. Found this post on the logitech forums, popped my wheel open and sure enough the encoder assy was loose as. a bit of loctite later, put it back together, been playing for the last hour and a half with no troubles (certainly would have been having problems in that time span before) Apparently its a fairly common problem so the G25 might be suffering from it as well, I guess the rather violent FFB in rF2 shakes things loose. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. I guess its all too easy to blame the software when its still beta.

16. EdouardFatio

EdouardFatio Registered

Hello
    I Have a big problem with FFB i have ECCI 7000
    power steering is reversed???
    On rFactor 1 could reverse the force in one direction or another
    I am impressed by all these problems just set a wheel
    must be really motivated to run in simulation because it really loses too much time with things that should take 3 minutes
    I spent my evening test nothing works on this rFactor2
    I hope this will be improved gradually
    We must also realize that not all we ride with classic flying public. there are also flying home made ​​with Happs and really need the game developers as more work on the simulation.
    Best Regards
    Ed