Unrealistic crash

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Rayo_McQueen, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

Simulate: Single Player
    Mod:World Series by Renault
    Circuit: Malasya
    Season: Race

Error: Another car hits my wheel back left with its front right wheel. In theory, he should have problems and me to break something or to make a spinning, but what happens is that my car comes out flying as Webber in Valencia 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIAG8DvUc9c). Remember that I go before and that is impossible that it happens in the real life, it challenges the laws of the physics. Sorry for not having a video to show you.

2. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Simulate: Online
    Mod: World Series by Renault
    Circuit: Estoril
    Session: Qualifying

Having lost my rear wing in an earlier incident, driving through a fast kink at over 200km/hr, the car snaps sideways (normal, no rear wing).
    Spinning sideways down the straight, the car then launches into a series of barrel rolls having not hit anything to instigate getting air - the car stayed on the tarmac at all times before the barrel-rolling started. The car began to flip as it spun at about the 90 degrees (almost exactly perpendicular to it's forward motion).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  3. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

The problem with threads like this, without video or screenshots, is that unless the problem is well explained it's hard to know if it's genuinely an unrealistic accident or just a player's perception of one. Both of these, (the first one especially) sound entirely possible in all honesty. If a car's going sideways too fast and the wheels dig in the car is going to barrel over and front-wheel-to-rear contact is infamous for launching cars even at seemingly minor speed differences.

4. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Not sure about the first case, but my car never left the tarmac. The tyres have nothing to dig in to. I will edit my post with this additional info.

5. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

Maybe, I have not explained well to myself. In my accident, i fly like Webber, but i am the car hit, the car that it was before . It is as if in the webber accident, it is Kovalainen who flies, not Webber. The car behind hit me, and i fly, not him.

6. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

Another unrealistic crash

This is another unrealistic crash:

Of course, I know that it's only a Beta version and the final version it will be better, but I share the video for help ISI to recognize the things that can be improved.

Another error in Replays (I will put it in the corresponding thread) is that the front wing doesn't view, even before crash.

7. moo

moo Registered

How can that be unrealistic if the car went into the wall hard enough epsaicially a gokart(it's very light) then its more then truly going to get over the wall/fence...

8. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-g6hAwdWoc

9. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

I don't understand well, do you believe that this crash is realistic?

10. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

No, no, no, my accident did not happen this way, it was just as Webber and Kovalainen in Valencia 2010, but I was Kovalainen and I who flew.

11. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I believe Rayo is describing this type of accident:

12. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

Exactly!!! . Thank you very much, PLAYLIFE. This is the bug, very unrealistic.

13. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Hence a need for better description/screenshots/video. Still, if that's what happened, hell, yeah, that's undeniably a bug. (And they really need to replace the fRenault sounds at some point, those are just silly.)

14. MikeZ

MikeZ Registered

Yep, this is a known issue. Work on the physics engine is continuous and these types of problems manifest themselves from time to time. It's on our list. Thanks for the info.

15. naifexx

naifexx Registered

We are glad that ISI is well aware of these issues!
    Lets create a legend from rF2!

Cheers.

16. Munchk1n

Munchk1n Registered

The Formula Renault cars do feel very light too, perhaps this is part of the issue.