Turn off the hands!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derek Speare, Jan 11, 2012.

1. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Yes I want it no hands and wheel...

2. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

lol, people tend to be at racing venues, driving the cars and watching the cars usually, I take it your not keen on things that breathe? lol ;)

p.s I can't get enough of the hands, put another pair on for me! lol

3. varel

varel Registered

I want wheels and no car, but hands and one leg. Please ISI can you make this option too? :D

4. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

I feel it's important for developers to consider the way someone interacts, becomes familiar with and uses a particular sim. Many folks have more than one favorite, but often the standard conventions and desired common options are not found in one sim but are in another. Sim racing has matured to the degree that some features should be standardized. Giving an option to keep the wheel and turn off the hands makes sense, especially for those who want not to look at an extra set of hands.

5. isamu

isamu Registered

Why would you want no driver arms but keep the wheel? That is retarded. If you are using a wheel of your own, why would you want to see a second wheel on screen? When I race I don't want to see EITHER of them...no arms, no wheel. Just the dash. That's the way it should be for total realism.

6. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

I am loving the driver animations ! well done, ISI !
    please go ahead with shifting (in the 60ies) and btw put a dynamic visor to protect our eyes.

7. devotid

devotid Registered

if you turn off the wheel on some cars doesnt the "on wheel" aim UI system go away?
    hence the reason some folks want to keep the wheel and ditch the appendages?

I'm working on a mod and plan to release a beta first with no stinking hands....because im going to spend that time on other stuff that matters to me......like how it makes me feel after driving it.

my 14 cents...:)

8. bigal

bigal Registered

I like the hands I think they add a nice touch. Are they necessary? Not really. Should I be able turn them on/off? Sure why not. I don't really notice them unless I am looking right at them, I'm looking where I'm going aren't I? Personally I just want to know what the hot-key combination is to let the banzai driver who just spun me going into the turn know he's number 1!

9. Noobart

Noobart Registered

Animated hands were one of the most important things I missed in rFactor1 since 2005 and I'm glad they are working now in rFactor2!:p

10. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

I turn off hands and wheel as I have my own set ;) but they do look nice on "in cockpit" replays :)

11. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Completely your opinion. You don't like hands? That's fine but to say that this is a feature that "should be standardized" is totally your opinion.

12. jomaho

jomaho Registered

I'm going to chime in here and say that I never used the wheel/hands in any sim that had an option to not use them. It was a distraction to me since I already have hands on the wheel. BUT... I did try wheel and hands in rF2 and actually like them now. The hands and wheel are totally in sync with my hands and wheel as I drive. The sim hands actually cross over in a tight corner when I cross my own hands, so maybe that is the reason I am Ok with them. If they weren't in sync with me, then I may not be using them.

13. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Well, that option is in all the other "standard" sims - GTL, GTR2, Race07 + Expansions. And rF1 didn't have hands unless it was in a mod.

So most of us are used to no hands.

14. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

@"Canadian Racer": Please, go away.

1 person likes this.
  15. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Because wheels are pretty! =)

That and many racing cars don't have a dash as such, but instruments or a MOTEC in the wheel.

16. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Well if you dont see the dash then you wont see the wheel or hands so whats the problem? Or am i missing something?

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

LOL. If you're constantly crying and moaning you better expect some flak. ;)

18. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Sorry, should have been clearer. With dashboard I actually meant instrument panel. There are many racing cars that only have instruments on the wheel, and if you take out the wheel you're basically left with a totally empty cockpit. No rev or speed gauge, no shift lights, nothing at all. Just about every modern open wheeler is like this as a matter of fact. At that point I'd rather leave the wheel in.

19. WallyM

WallyM Registered

As with most things, just give us options: wheel and hands, wheel only, no wheel.

20. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

ok I see what you mean, I mainly drive the 60's cars, which has the instruments on the dash, so not a problem.
    ISI should leave the wheel instruments on the dash even if wheel turned off like netcar does, the Megane has that too ;)