Turn off the hands!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derek Speare, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

Hi gang,

I got a chance to see what it's all about. I'd like an option to turn off the hands on the wheel. Keep the moving wheel, lose the hands - FOR ME, they're a distraction. Some may not feel the same, but we should have an option;

I'd also like to see car specific control settings. I'd guess it's not possible given the age of the code base, but I'm suggesting it anyhow;

NO car shake - PLEASE. Can we turn that off?

Multiview - if it's not supported as of now because I am one of the biggest complainers about three monitor support, thank you. If you're going to enable it, please do so.

d

2. P_Baldwin

P_Baldwin Registered

I haven't been able to get in to test it yet but I would definately want the option to turn hands and wheel off. I have the wheel already in my hands so I don't need to see a 2nd set distracting me.

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

While I agree with you, I find it funny.

For years people wanted arms in the cockpit for rF1, and now that ISI finally put it in, people don't want it lol :D

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

I know ive seen a thread today where someone from ISI mentioned that it wasnt an option YET but they took note of the poster comment. I'd link but cant for the life of me remember what thread it was!

5. NightnDay

NightnDay Registered

6. SacaSoh

SacaSoh Registered

Yeah, no hands for me too, i do it all the time with my bike and its much more fun!

7. Jose Casanovas

Jose Casanovas Registered

man in rf1 theres a lot of time are mods with arms , and the chance to hide them, thats not new,

8. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that was looking for an option to turn off the hands/arms on screen. If it were up to me, I would not even have people in the stands. Just give me the models of the cars, tracks, stands, buildings, etc.

9. ROON

ROON Registered

I quite like the arms, actually!

Yeah, but the arms in rF1 are a part of the steering wheel. When you turn them off, you're just choosing to use a wheel model without arms attached to it. I expect ISI's rF2 arms would be a bit different, since they're animated.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You can turn off hands and wheel.

Should I use some of these !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as well?:D

11. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

In case the inherent lag between real hands and arms (and onscreen ones) is the issue: Try a utility called "Coolbits" to enable hidden configuration options with Nvidia cards that might make the onscreen arms "react" more in synch with real arms, etc.

As I recall, the hidden option then (this worked in rFactor v1) was called "look ahead frame buffer" and (when revealed) it was set to a default of 3 for some reason. Resetting it to 0 worked wonders for those who saw both their own arms ahead of them...and the onscreen arms and hands too...and wanted to synch both together.

As for me, I turn them all off anyway (wheel included), since I already see my own arms and hands in front of me (and one set is quite enough!). But to each his own....

CS

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

They want to turn off arms only, keep wheel.

I don't see that option.

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well aren't they picky!! :p

I've done countless laps on gtr2 so I've got quite used to the arms. :D

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

lol but in GTR2 you can turn of arms, keep wheel ;)

15. kleanphil

kleanphil Registered

can we have an xbox controller or keyboard where the wheel should be ?;) and make it forced view for people who use these,with arms included of course

16. freaky

freaky Registered

I want also to turn off arms only, keep wheel. I need no arms in the game.

17. Ahmad

Ahmad Registered

18. ROON

ROON Registered

LOL!

19. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

Although I find them a little distracting, especially when you're in a corner where the arms can't decide whether to cross arm turn or not and end up doing the whole corner one handed with one arm waving in the air, I'm not as concerned about this issue as I was when I started iRacing.....in that there is no seat adjustment (at least in the Mazda) and the hands blocked the view......eventually I found the off button. In rF2 it is more of a slight distraction than a view blocker.

20. George Lemos

George Lemos Registered

Just the wheel :)

Indeed :) I don't want any people parts in my racing sim. :rolleyes: No arms, no fans, no 2-d cardboard cut outs! :eek: