FPS / stutter - try this!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jajp999, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

I have a very good sys but at Mills I was getting 40 FPS sitting in the pits (all options max)

When I changed the Max pre-rendered frames to 1 (default is 3) I went to a consistent 60 FPS and smooth gameplay

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Thanks mate for your help but:

- That is just stupid with your great graphics card. It should work without problems. That can't be a definitive solution... please ISI fix it, PLEASE!! I think it's something related with FFB because when playing with keyboard my game runs smooth...

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

4. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

Thanks, it removed stuttering for me.

5. francotopa

francotopa Registered

please could you tell me how to do that?
    :)

6. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

right click on your desktop, choose nvidia control panel, go to "Manage 3D settings". Choose "Program settings", then "Add", find your rf2 shortcut (probably on your desktop), click it and then click on "Open". Now there is list of settings for rf2. Find "Maximum pre-rendered frames" its set to 3. Click on it and change it to 1. Then "apply" and it should work now.
    I hope you have nvidia card:)

7. francotopa

francotopa Registered

hd 5770 :mad: , thanks anyways! :)

8. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

:D maybe someone else will find it useful :)

9. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for the hint, would be great if we could keep all fps / stuttering issues in one thread if possible.

Uwe

10. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

I thought I had solved my stutter issues - but as soon as I dip below 60 FPS it stutters

Tried all the 'fixes' and suggestions but still get stutters

here is hoping the update fixes :D

11. SacaSoh

SacaSoh Registered

Will test here, for ATI users it's called "flip queue size".

Edit: No performance increase, no reduction in aparent stuttering (35~60fps (vsync), average 45). 14 AIs.

I5-760, 4gb DDR3 1333mhz, ATI HD6870 - 1Gb.

My biggest issue with the beta is the performance, every other bugs kind of get small when you barely can drive because of the low fps (race start it drops to 7~15fps).

Sometimes, when people join the server, i get a slowdown in the game, it keep 50~60fps, but runs at a slower rate. It's kind of Max Payne bullet time lol.

No sun occlusion, no HDR, no shadow blur, no environmental reflections, medium shadows, full texture, AF 8x, AA 4x (both don't have a noticeable performance impact over the already low performance), 16 sounds (reducing to 8 don't increase performance), oponentes detail medium, own car high, track full.

For the graphics of the beta (that i like, obviously it can get better) the performance is very poor. I already have IL-2 Cliffs of Dover, so i don't need another cr*ap performance beta to test, give me other kinds of bugs :).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2012
  12. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

Hi

So I have now had to turn off environment mapping in the options to get a constant framerate and eliminate stutter even though my CPU or GPU is nowhere near 100% utilisation

funny thing is at the back of the grid of 20 cars I'm at a solid 60 FPS --- its just some places on track are causing FPS drop (again even though system nowhere near 100%). Anything below 60 FPS is stutter city on my sys

13. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Well, I set mine to 0 in rF1 and FFB delay disappeared almost completely, could not find any drawbacks to that.

14. hoover

hoover Registered

Can you specify in which section of the tracks the stuttering occurs, and in which mods?

Thanks Uwe

15. JRantajoki

JRantajoki Registered

I was able to solve my stuttering issues simply swapping my audio device and setting..
    I got constant stutters using ATI hdmi audio and 5.1 audio setting.. changed to my usb audiointerface
    and stereo speaker setting and after that im not experiencing any more stuttering.

16. Raikku

Raikku Registered

I always put that to "1" in all my driving sim-profiles, main reason is that also reduces controller lag. iRacing has this option available in its own menus, maybe that would be wise solution for other sims too?