About rFactor 2 Beta cars

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Lo Evenisse, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Lo Evenisse

Lo Evenisse Car Team Staff Member

More tutorials on first post !

2. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

There are no biped arms or a driver in the example max files for the complete tutorial

3. Bill Malicoat

Bill Malicoat Registered

Can the tire and rim be one GMT? Or for the deflection to work do they need to be separate?

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

They have to be separate. The reason why is,, The tire cross section is marked out in the geometry entries in the tgm. The final tire mesh in game (after any recalibration in the tbc) needs to match as close as possible to the tgm for the deformation to work properly, The tgm profile will catch near verts from the tire mesh and deform them, if the tire mesh is to far away from the tgm profile, you will see deformation, but things like the bulge on the side wont work properly (this is something most people will be experiencing now if they are using the rtrainer tgm's). There is also an important part to anchoring the inside tire bead to the rim so that the tire doesn't look like its being de-rimmed, but I have not been able to understand that bit yet so I cant explain it.

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Anchoring the tire inside bead to rim seems to be working so that it takes the original radius of the bead (either from mesh or from TBC) and keeps it always unchanged. If the rim 3D mesh is correct size, then it will always look right. You can even change the size multiplier from TGM and it keeps the same bead radius. But it is yet unclear where the actual tire size is taken because changes made in TBC doesnt seem to make any difference :confused:

6. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Yes that's it, now it all comes together.
    The tire verts near the rim are locked in place. The RimRadius in the TBC is the important entry here, that tells the tire where to stay stationary (ie the bead)
    The SizeMultiplier=(1.0,1.0) in the tgm will resize the whole thing after the tbc settings, so in saying this, you could set the tbc to match the rtrainer tires, then use this multiplier to widen the tread and increase the diameter, but I don't think the tire sidewall is counted in this, to get the deformation to work right in relation to the tire profile you will have to edit the tgm.:confused:

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Yeah I think you need TGM editing to get perfectly matching mesh, but I assume we get some sort of tutorial/help on that later. Luckily tires of my project cars seemed to match rTrainer TGM pretty nicely by accident :D However like I said in some other thread, the TGM 1.0,1.0 size multiplier values seem to produce slightly smaller tire that what the 3D mesh and TBC radius is set to.

8. mianiak

mianiak Registered

In the developer cli, enter +ttool and then start mod mode. The first thing you want to do is save the file. Then in the rf2 user dir you will see a folder called ptool, in there will be your generated tgm's. But that's all I can share with you on this, I have no idea how it works. I recommend not to put too much into it for now, just check it out and have a play, I guess there will be some docs on it available soon that will explain everything.

ps, don't forget to remove +ttool from the dev cli when you want to relaunch mod mode.

9. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

It bothers me that the headlights of a trailing car will light up the entire interior of your car.

Why doesn't the rear bodywork block the light? Can anything be done to correct that?

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Because for a cockpit view, there are no body parts loaded? At least, I saw none of them in the Megane's gen file.

11. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

for performance, i have my player set to full and opponent set to low,
    the problem is when i go online, the opponent car overrides my setting, and now my cockpits are very low quality.
    have went into the plr file and tweak the setting for overriding my player graphics, but now it changes the opponents car to a higher setting as well. seems like i'm kind of going in circles here..lol

any solution.?

12. mianiak

mianiak Registered

The cockpit view loads the cockpit instance and the slot<ID> instance.

13. websta

websta Registered

I thought the cockpit view (in rF2) automatically showed the high LOD version of the car?
    Cant find where I read that tho?

14. mianiak

mianiak Registered

Have a look in the gen file and see what SLOT<ID> is :)

15. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

That may be, but go into the Megane, hit U and look back. You'll notice a lot of bodywork there.
    [​IMG]

16. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

hi

i search the way to have movements on my 3d suspension. i made an open wheel car and :
    - i don't say the susp in cockpit view
    - there is no moove

i didn't find what i make wrong. didn't see something in cockpitinfo.ini or instance=cockpit in .gen of the example car.

thanks !

cheers

17. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I have assigned "seat forward" for U key and when I look back, I see no 3d model :)

But if it is there, then probably there have to be bodywork model like for outside view (with faces facing outside of the body, not inside - like for cockpit body).

18. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

just wrong damage.ini ^^

19. maurição

maurição Registered

Ola´tenho um problema instalei o rfactor2 mas os tres mods não tem o som dos carros o que fazer ?

20. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

Is there anyway we could get a simple tutorial on how to setup the simple base physics paramenters, like where some measurements for the .pm and hdv should be taken in max etc.

Im running into a problem where my car has zero suspension travel, even copying over suspension paramenters (from other cars) and using susped (my suspension setup is straightforward and simple), the suspension should be working fine, but it isnt. It always has zero travel.