ISI's test rigs

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MiniMadPaul, Jan 11, 2012.

1. MiniMadPaul

MiniMadPaul Registered

If this has been covered elsewhere then I apologies.

I see from a lot of threads people having problems with framerates and general poor performance. My PC exceeds the recommended system requirements, but I'm still experiencing low fps.

I assume ISI have rigs they use to test the game. Can they publish the specs for these PCs, especially any configuration data they have used to enhance performance ? I'm particularly interested in ATI eyefinity setups. Have ISI got a 3 screen test rig ?

I feel this information would be useful for people like myself who are looking to upgrade there old PC.

2. StopPt

StopPt Registered

im also very sad to see that i cant run the game in good conditions dispite having a computer that should allow me to run it maxed out! im really bummed out about this couse i was expecting quite a gfx revolution (comparing to rf1) but it doesnt run well!

can someone cameout with a solution?
    i have an i7 3.4GH 8Gb ram. 2Gb video memory

3. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

I get good framerates apart from at certain times - it's weird. Something triggers bad framerates and from then on it's terrible until I restart the game. Up until that point I now get a solid 60fps (over 3 screens).

So, it's probably something that shows itself out in the wild that they hadn't noticed. I bet on 1 screen I'd see good framerates all the time.

-a

4. Gov

Gov Registered

Good lord I would hope so this day in age. If you go to any of the threads on various forums of people showing their racing setup, nearly half of them are 3 screen setups anymore.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

7. Spyder

Spyder Registered

So is that it? One rig they test on? No wonder SLI and Crossfire don't work ... ;)

8. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

9. blanes

blanes Registered

My rig is similar in some respects.

But I have Nvidia GIgabyte ti560oc x 2 in SLI mode ( doesn't work - have to disable SLI ) :(

and

Creative X-Fi Titanium 5.1 Soundcard ( No 5.1 output only stereo ) :(

Was there any testing done using Nvidia cards in SLI mode or Creative Soundcards Tim ?

10. Duvel

Duvel Registered

need more details. I assume you mean maxed out in the game graphics options, but what about the "configure sim" options for AA settings, HDR and the resolution you play at. And what about in your CCC?

11. Bob Luneski

Bob Luneski Registered

Thank you very much for sharing Tim. My system is sort of similar:

i5-2500K @ 4.2gHz
    8 gb 2400mHz memory
    ASUS P8P67 PRO
    MSI HD6970 5860x1080 on 3 24" monitors via eyefinity

I am having a great deal of problems with poor performance/slow frame rates similar to that that many other people have reported. Does ISI have any insights or suggestions that might help improve performance on triple monitor systems??

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Bob

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have a 5770 and i5-2500K (stock clock) and I get 30fps with everything maxed out (MSAA 8x box) including HDR. 30fps isn't playable.

13. hoover

hoover Registered

My fps range from 50 - 120 depending on the number of AI and track situation. See left for my system specs. If it wasn't for the damn stuttering discussed in another thread, rf2 would run smooth as silk and it did until early December. I'm still trying to figure out of some change on my end triggered the stuttering or wether it was caused by a new build.

Uwe

14. MiniMadPaul

MiniMadPaul Registered

Thanks for the replies on this, was hoping for ISI to supply a range of specs for their test rigs. Oh well I;ve now gone for a overclocked mobo/CPU bundle including an Intel i5 2500 CPU with an ASUS Krypton motherboard from overclockers UK. It'll arrive tomorrow and I'll let you know how I get on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012