Bizarre cautions

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Guineapiggy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Okay, so whilst racing at Monaco in the 60s EVA F1s something caused a yellow flag situation. Probably. I never saw it but the bigger issue still was that this caution didn't clear, at all, and that the cars were following a non-existent safety car (anachronistic) at speeds of approximately 10MPH.

I'm not kidding, 10MPH.

There's slowing down and then there's being in danger of stopping.

This went on for almost a lap, (at 10MPH you can imagine how long that experience was) before I raced off in to the distance, knowing I'd get the black flag. I did. But the caution never went away, the cars never stopped creeping around and worse still there was no visible obstruction or wrecked car to be seen anywhere.

This was in wet conditions and it has thus far only happened once but I felt it was worth reporting as 'grinding halt' doesn't quite cover it.

2. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

I also have noticed, that @ monaco in the 60's I get the yellow flag flickering on and off while going up the main straight and up the first hill, even though there is no impacts, and I am the ony car on track. this occurs @ race pace ( 1:28-30 sec laps)

3. burnsy865

burnsy865 Registered

I get a constant yellow at the entry to Eau Rouge and the green is displayed halfway through on the right, it never seems to clear and I have never seen why it is displayed. Noticed this mainly during a rainy session.

4. giddy69

giddy69 Registered

The Monaco safety car bug is down to ISI not including in the gdb the line "SafetyCarAvailable = 0."

It is included in the Spa gdb file though