Follow up security email from Moneybookers.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Nick Phillips, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Registered

Having done a lifetime purchase last night, I got this email from Moneybookers today.

Dear Nicholas Phillips,

After a security check we need you to verify your recent payment by providing the following:

- A full colour copy of a valid, official identification document; such as your international passport (double page), national identity card or drivers licence (front and back). This is required in order for us to verify your identity.
    - A copy of a paper utility bill (Gas Bill/Electricity Bill) or bank statement issued in the last three months clearly displaying your name and address. This is required in order for us to verify your address.

The required documents/information should be sent via email to security@moneybookers.com.

Please accept our apologies for any possible inconvenience, however Skrill (Moneybookers) must adhere to strict security standards which are there to protect your payment privacy. Please be aware that you will not be able to process further payments via Skrill (Moneybookers) until you comply with this request.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Kind regards,

Skrill (Moneybookers) Security

Now I might be missing the point, but seeing as this is likely to be my only purchase through them, I see no reason to provide ID along with C/Card details previously provided. I might be stupid but I ain't that stupid....

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I've had Paypal do this to me before, I don't know why sometimes they need to do it and at other times not...

3. Gimpymoo

Gimpymoo Registered

Why did you choose not to have Paypal do your CC processing too?

Too high fees?

4. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Registered

Ok Tim, well I am not going to do it as I see no need.

I did not do Paypal as I don't get paid till Friday, but as the server was up when I looked.....

5. r0j

r0j Registered

I got the same email, sounds like they're basically phishing for far more information than anyone should need - enough to open bank accounts in your name for instance.

I'm pretty offended that ISI would be associated with a company that does this, maybe ISI should consider another transaction handler.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Paypal does too, click it.

7. Gimpymoo

Gimpymoo Registered

Sorry... DERP.

I stand corrected.

Dammed if you do, dammed if you dont I guess.

8. DudeTLP

DudeTLP Registered

I purchase rFactor 2 via the launcher. (Moneybookers lists the order since 10 Jan 12 22:43.)
    I got the same blo... email from moneybookers. :-(
    Money (34,99 Euro) is balanced at moneybookers on my account since 12 Jan 12 15:59, but they dont transfere the money to ISI (or somewhere else).
    This is a bad thing :-(

9. DudeTLP

DudeTLP Registered

So, now its over.
    My Moneybookers account ist closed.
    It takes some emails and some work at my online-account there.
    In the end i got 31,19 Euro back to my bank (-1,8 Euro for fee :-( ) after about seventeen Days!
    This was a bad bad experience.