Steering degree of rotation does not change automatically - fanatec gt3 v2 wheel

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by hiohaa, Jan 11, 2012.

1. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

if i set my wheel to 900 degrees, or have the degree of rotation set to 'off' (which presumably allows the game to dictate it)

Then ingame i press the 'vehicle set' button on, and go in game - my wheel still rotates at 900 degrees, and the incar steering wheel rotates at 486 degrees (this is the formula renault).

even unticking the button, setting it to 900 degrees in game - it still doesnt work.

the only way it works is if i set my fanatec wheel to 490 degrees (it only goes up in steps of 10), then the ingame which rotates at same speed as my actual wheel.

please fix this, because it will be a nightmare having to change steering degree of rotation every single time i play a new car. my mate has a g25 and says this function works fine, he can set his profiler to 900 and the game automatically changes the steering for each car.

2. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

well I have a g25 and I have the same problem as you. The in-game degrees of rotation only effects the virtual wheel displayed onscreen and not the physical wheel.
    You can change the physical wheel rotation in-game by using the "wheel" display at the top left of the controls section.
    Just rotate the wheel as far as you want and select max right, max left at new settings.
    However it's pretty clumsy and changing the degrees of rotation should do both in-sim wheel and physical wheel.

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Kind of hope your wrong smeghead. I was really hoping rFactor would now completely limit the rotation of my wheel to match the car's steering lock. I have a G27 and have removed the custom rotation setting and allowed the game to make changes.. still nothing.

4. Duvel

Duvel Registered

I have a T500 and it's the same story here. Is this area kind of not feature complete just yet?

5. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Hi guys ,

me too i have a G27 . In the logitech profiler i leave the rotation on 900 degres and "allow game to ....." . Then on the control panel (in game) , i turn down the rotation angle (400 degres for example) but the steering wheel keep on a 900 degres rotation .

6. N0body Of The Goat

N0body Of The Goat Registered

I have a similar issue on my Fanatec GT3 RS v1 wheel, which is configured to use 900 degrees in the Windows game croller panel. I selected 900 degrees inside RF2 with automatic steering lock per car unselected, but I am limited to ~540 degrees.

I wonder if this has anything to do with my wheel being detected as a "Porsche Wheel" instead of a "Fanatec"?

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Wait what>? You just said the complete opposite of what we are all complaining about..

You tell it you DON'T want rFactor2 to limit you and set everything to 900 and you only get 540.. I wonder if you fixed all our problems.

8. Uff

Uff Registered

Same here with a Fanatec GT2: I choose to let rF2 set the proper degrees of rotation, but I always have 900 degrees set, which makes the car impossible to drive.

9. Mike_F

Mike_F Registered

Check the difficulty tab in settings. Make sure steering assist is off. By default mine was set to "low" and gave me the issue that's mentioned here. Fanatec Turbo S user here.

10. sandrini

sandrini Registered

same issue here with the GTRRS3 from Fanatec. The only way is really to change every time the wheel setting to the curreent car. That makes no really fun have to say.

Just one Tip for the GTR Wheel - dont forget to change the LIN Setting to "0" as well.

The steering assist should be also set to NON as mentioned before.

However, I really dont get a nice "simulator" feeling like with IRacing. RFactor steering is inacurate - besides FPS issues I have.

Lets keep fingers crossed -> ITS BETA :D

11. Raikku

Raikku Registered

I think that I get different degrees with my CSR Elite. I have 900 in drivers/wheel profile and that button from sim enabled. And it feel as steering changes between cars. Haven't tried "off" from wheel cause 900 is degrees what I usually use(GT5/iRacing/F4/NK etc).

12. wittsend

wittsend Registered

I have a Logitech G27, and mine wasnt working until I reinstalled the logitech profiler software and restarted my machine. Now when I change the DoR in-game I can see the change on my wheel instantly when I pull the wheel to one lock or the other.

Logi Profiler settings: DoR = 900 and "Allow Game To Adjust Settings" is checked

13. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

This is a good point. This feature should work with Logitech G25 & G27, but might not if you still have really old drivers/software for them. In the first update, the feature will also work with the new Thrustmaster wheels. At the time of this writing, Fanatec does not have a solution but I believe they are working on one.

14. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I think I have the newest (5.10). I will try and reinstall it to see if it helps.

15. Uff

Uff Registered

I hope so!
    Terence, I don't know if with Logitech wheels rF2 locks the rotation at a certain degree (meaning that the wheel becomes very hard when you reach the end of the proper rotation), but wouldn't be possible to adjust steer lock (or steer ratio? I always confuse them :() so that we can keep 900 degrees of rotation?
    As I already said, in netKar Pro, iRacing and Ferrari Virtual Academy you can leave the steering wheel set at 900, then the simulator does the rest and you don't have to change degrees from car to car.