If you are experiencing a strong noise/rattle with your controller...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Juliano, Jan 11, 2012.

1. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

So what we feel of the rest of the FFB works as it should? quite some of as have the impression, that you can't feel the car loosing grip or doing something else...i tried many different settings on the FFB controls and everything feels numb. look at the post made by marcel van linden...he feels the same.

2. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Registered

The problem here is that the Steering torque filter="0" is changed back to zero when ever I start the game. I even set the file to write protect, but it was back to zero too.

Jameswesty said that we have to reselect the profile. What does he exactly mean?
    I change the value, save the ini and start rf2. Then I go into into controller menue and select the profile for my wheel or should I use auto detect. Anyway, in the end the value is back to zero.

Any help?
    I would like to test other values.

3. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Again, remember that this is just to get those having a serious issue with the rattle to a point they can actually drive and test and feel comfortable doing so until we can progress a bit...

4. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Many people can feel the car loosing grip, etc (personally I feel what the car is doing really well), so that may be a separate issue that needs to be looked at. Those folks will want to supply as much info as they can so we can see what's going on--maybe it's something on their end, maybe ours...

5. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Registered

Ok, I got it working by editing the G25 profile itself and then reselect it ingame.

A value of 16 works fine. I can now use ffb multi of 100 and profiler also 100.

BTW, there could be some additional wheel weight imho. For instance, coming out of the second corner, I feel pretty much nothing (was the same with Steering torque filter="0"). Adding centering spring in the profiler adds no weight and seems to be completely ignored here.

6. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

Yes.

7. Syonco

Syonco Registered

Sorry to put this here but! I'm having problems with my ECCI-7000. The wheel pulls to either side once i move it, someone said i need to reverse the FFB or whatever it was.. Any assistance? :S

8. Terence Groening

This merely sets what the baseline for "100%" strength is, which you are free to adjust in the options. But to be honest I don't see much clipping going on other than in some off-road spikes.

9. Terence Groening

You'll have to crack open your controller.ini file (in your UserData/Player directory) and change "Steering effects strength" to a negative number, since we didn't create a profile for that wheel.

10. RafBR

RafBR Registered

This issue with steering wheels is not new. I've tried to tweek it for rf1 without much success.
    I was analizing it now and this rumble only happens when at a higher speed. If you go thru curbs or off road at medium-low speed the effects are nice.
    I tried tweaking the "rumble strip" parameters on the controller.ini but it seems that nothing happens.
    But as said, at least on road this issue don't bother at all.
    I will try one more time the "rumble strip" parameters and see what comes.

11. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Thanks Terence.

Just to be totally clear, when you say "100% strength" you mean the car-specific FFB multiplier in the Controls screen at a setting of 1.0?

I was worrying that the multiplier was being applied after the conversion to DX units which would have meant we* wouldn't have any control over how much clipping happens, however if it's being applied to the NominalMaxSteeringTorque from the HDV before the conversion to DX units then my worries are unfounded.

Still, something doesn't quite add up... if the multiplier is directly applied to NominalMaxSteeringTorque then a value of 0.5 would result in stronger forces rather than weaker, I presume you're actually doing (1/FFBMult) * NominalMaxSteeringTorque?

* 'we' being end users, not mod developers

12. Terence Groening

Since this is a modder's beta, I could have also pointed out that tire design (the material of the tread and plies and how they are laid out) affects the force feedback. Naturally, so does the rest of the car and chassis but in a more indirect manner.

13. Terence Groening

Yes, you're right, the option is displayed as a fraction not a percent.

Ade, I never said that, and you're thinking like a programmer (which isn't all bad, unless you ask my wife :)). A "baseline" value would often be used as a divisor ...

14. Syonco

Syonco Registered

Thanks for that, it did help somewhat but it's still not solved. Hopefully you guys can get access to this wheel sometime and take a look at it yourselves :)

15. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

Hell of a rattle i say, the first time i drifted of to the gravel the rattle of my Ms FFB wheel knocked over my second lcd monitor, lucky for me it didn't brake up. But now it stands more backword so hopefully it wont fall anymore.

Need to tune the controller settings before a new test session.:confused:

16. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Hehehe :eek:

In my defence, the GUI calls it a multiplier... :D

17. fabianoh

fabianoh Registered

I'm not sure whether this is the right topic, but I would appreciate some help on how are you guys setting the Logitech Profiler (for those who use G25/G27). My current issue is with the steering wheel range settings, for I just cannot have both wheels (G27 an cockpit wheel) to match the movements with each other. I'm using 540º on both logitech profiler and controller.ini files.
    Thanks

18. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  19. fabianoh

fabianoh Registered

No Jaageri, it doesn't seem to be a graphic issue (if that is what you are referring to). Actually, the rotations just don't match. That's why I think this has something to do with the Logitech Profiler settings, as well as in-game and. ini files.

20. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Registered

@ fabianoh

Have you ticked the box in the profiler "allow game to adjust settings"?

It works for me. I have set 900° in the profiler, and when I tick the green ingame box for auto adjust, I get the individual steering range for each car.