Suspension

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Bill Malicoat, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Bill Malicoat

Bill Malicoat Registered

What types of suspension are allowed now? Is it different then RF1? I would like to be able to do solid axle front and rear suspension instead of wishbone style, is this possible?

Thanks!

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

With quick glimpse, seems like nothings changed. So... not possible. I know, I would like to build semi truck with live axle in front.

3. Prairie

Prairie Registered

Have you checked the rFactor 1 Hammer .pm files. That pm file is not modeling a wishbone, but a 3 link + trackbar rear axle?

4. Bill Malicoat

Bill Malicoat Registered

This is what I need to be able to do in the front axle though. Mvc-023s.jpg

5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Also, MacPherson.

6. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Thats what I would need too. A lot trucks and gassers use such front axle. Some offroaders have too live axle in front and back. And with this, we need a proper axle movement settings in GEN/damage.

7. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

yeah vertex bending and diffs do not go well together, and having suspension arms that run from no standard locations, mean they bend all screwy or just move in the wrong direction, the 60's cars that are in game are a good example of this, have look in a replay at the bars that run to behind the cockpit, they flap all over the place

I just wish we could have suspension like this that bends and moves correctly

View attachment 616

codemasters have done it, in the dirt series mods even back to the first Colin Mcrae Dirt. I will just keep hoping and praying that ISI can come up with something, so I dont have to model abstract suspension models and then get shot down and picked on because it dont work right in replays, or when following a car. If you ever had or saw our EWOR Evolution mod, you will notice that the pro buggys ( class 1 ) suspension was modeled so it would bend, not how it really is

8. CrazIvant

CrazIvant Registered

It's quite disappointing to see we've got the same restrictions we had in rF1: no McPherson and no double rigid axles. And I suppose this isn't going to change for the definitive version of rF2 :(...

9. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Don't think we know yet if the limitation is there. Certainly does look like it initially. There is still time for until the release.