Any support for Logitech Wingman Formula Force (Red one)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pigsy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

Still going strong using it in Rfactor1, but problems in Rf2. Car has no road feel through FFB. FFB is there but car feels as if it has no contact with the road. Will oversteer even at low speed. Car doesn't get up to speed, no acceleration and poor breaking. Unplayable with this wheel at the moment. Please help.

2. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

Just an update to this. If I turn FFB off in the settings screen, I get full responsiveness from the wheel, ie. acceleration and braking.
    Hope there's an answer to this because what's this game without FFB.

3. MrDouf

MrDouf Registered

I have the same issues as you Pigsy (Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Red one). All I did last night was trying to fix this. What I can add is FFB seems to be left-right reverse. Will investigate more tonight...

4. Christopher Snow

Christopher Snow Registered

I own six of these wheels and drove them until about 2 months ago when I built my newest PC (with rF2 in mind).

What I discovered is: Logi stopped supporting them a while back and even the "spoof" method which convinces Windows it's a Saitek 440 gives results that are only so-so....

Time to upgrade, IMO. I bought a new G27 (and a spare too actually) and I'm very pleased.

But...I've still got mine configured to reflect the 180 degrees of lock-to-lock of the old LWFF even today with rF2. I DO plan to change it, but right now I'm still used to it, and I have four more races to run in one of my league championships...so now is not the time start fiddling with it. For now, I I'm still "running with what brung me," so to speak...and that's the quick ratio and lock of the grand old red-rimmed LWFF.

CS

5. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

I own a Formula Force EX (a PS3 wheel but works on PC with drivers) which is about the same as a Red one.

I too am searching for the best settings for this wheel. So far I made a copy of the Momo file
    (in c:\Games\rFactor2\Userdate\Controller) and have started to try some tweaks but I'd be very interested to hear how
    anyone else is getting on, the only thing I have tried so far is the changes to 'Steering torque filter' suggested in the sticky
    at the top of the forum. I've tried 8 and 16 and while these setting seem to improve things like the rattle the wheel still doesn't
    feel 'right'. I'd like to hear of any changes tried by others.

Cheers
    Andy

6. MrDouf

MrDouf Registered

Hey Pigsy,

I tried this change "Steering effects strength= -10000.00000" in (yes minus) "rFactor2\UserData\player\Controller.ini" and it works now. Now I need to tweaks my graphic settings...

Cheers!
    MrDouf

7. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

I'm afraid no luck MrDouf. Made the change you suggested with no change. FFB is there but the car doesn't accelerate, no power. Turn FFB off and I can go as fast as the AI. Wierd. Maybe you could post your entire controller.ini file. Thanks pigsy.

8. MrDouf

MrDouf Registered

I also change some settings in the Logitech Profiler so it might be both changes .
    (effect=100, Spring + Damper= 0 and Untick report Combined Pedals)

Will post them tonight.
    Cheers!

9. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Mine works pretty good but I still have to tweak it. Asmentioned above you *have* to use negative strength with this wheel or it's going to feel alien. I'll post my settings tonight if no one else does during the day.

10. MrDouf

MrDouf Registered

Logitech Profiler:

effect=100,
    Spring + Damper= 0
    Untick Enable Center Spring
    Untick report Combined Pedals
    ----------------------------------

I also made this change in player.PLR to improve frame rate:

Flush Previous Frame="1"

Cheers!
    MrDouf

11. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

Still having difficulty here. Can someone maybe post their entire controller.in file

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I used to run a "red" one, all Logitech wheels run with negative FFB strength.
    Pigsy , in the controller setup, did you try the "detect" button at bottom of right of screen, where it says load, save, detect?
    To see what rF2 reports the wheel as? or if it even sees it?

Is this in XP?

13. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

Yes Jim it's in XP. This wheel isn't supported in Windows 7. Tried the detect button, but it doesn't see it. Don't know if the newer builds have changed this. Works ok without FFB but just can't get any feel in the cars without it.

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Doesn't look good,(if rF wont detect it) maybe an ISI rep will jump in or the other poster will give you an .ini file.

Did you set the inputs for throttle and brake and then save it?? sorry, had to ask.

15. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

Why it s not suported by win7 ?
    On the logitech site, they have driver for: win7, vista, xp
    You instaled the last driver ?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/270?WT.z_sp=Image

16. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

Jim, the wheel does work. All the inputs work, throttle, brake, buttons etc. But the FFB is screwed up as discussed further up in this thread.

HKF, that think isn't the wheel I have. It's the Wingman Formula Force http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=61
    Can't say I've tried to use the Force EX driver. Could give it a shot.

17. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

HKF, I do believe that driver is 5.10 which isn't compatible. Still I believe someone must have a working controller.ini for this wheel.

18. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

Try combined pedales in the logitech profiler, and assign them manualy maybe.
    When you go to option and press the pedales, they go to the max ?

[​IMG]

19. Pigsy

Pigsy Registered

Yes pedals, go to the max and work as they should. Steering ok too. Just that damn force feedback giving me problems.

20. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

You guys talking about wingman formula force gp? or is it something different, cause i have one & no problem with mine, ffb works great. Probably 8 or 9 years old but no problem with mine same as with rf1 and other games. Mine is black/red. Try using it with different wheel profile. Just choose some logitech wheel from supported list in rf2 and see if it helps.