The day we recieved a sim. Thanks to the FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ian Mills, Jan 11, 2012.

1. TechAde

TechAde Registered

If your feedback is too aggressive over what should be fairly small track bumps then it's a fair bet you've got the per-vehicle multiplier too high which results in what should be small forces being magnified so that they feel like massive forces.

2. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

straquote !!!!

3. taystorm

taystorm Registered

+1

4. hurricaneman

hurricaneman Registered

I believe we have people experiencing different things with the FFB. My wheel doesn't shake like mad! I feel everything but I'm not worried about my wheel breaking or waking up my children. I love it! Congratulations ISI! Thank you Ian for your post

5. SKeijmel

SKeijmel Registered

Lol you defenitly never driven on a track i did. and ur teeth are never shaken out. especialy not on kerbstones. and also you dont have such much ffb on kerbs in reallife.

6. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

What track and what car were you driving? The real life effect certainly is going to be different depending on the car and the type of curb. Keep in mind that there are lots of forces coming through the wheel in a sim that never is noticed or even exist in a real car. This point has already created essentially flame thread a while back.

7. Raikku

Raikku Registered

Where I can adjust ffb in sim? Haven't found section for it in menus(?) And what is "steering rate" which is at default "20"?

8. cpe

cpe Registered

In sim you can adjust FFB by "Car specific FFB mult" option. It's unique for each car.
    "Steering rate" is option for steering by keyboard. If you use steering wheel - unnecessary option.

9. Jose Casanovas

Jose Casanovas Registered

Martini I am with u in this matter, if u go off track with the kart, chassis brakes plate chain, all of theses things may broke easily, u know when pusshing the limits what are u risk, but no way in sim, with a good sound simulates u are breaking all i think is enough

10. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

imagine if logitech shipped an rF2 demo disc with there wheel atm...people would keep sending them back thinking the wheel was faulty :eek:

11. m00ndancer

m00ndancer Registered

It seems to depend on the type of wheel you have. A Logitech cog driven wheel will rattle a lot and for example a Fanatec belt driven wheel will shake but not rattle since there is a different "slack" in the mechanics in each wheel. (Can't comment on R500 since I don't have one) I own a DFP and a GT3RS v2. This is not a "logitech sucks!" comment just an observation on how it seems to work. The inherent "flaws" in each construction seems to get a different response from each type of wheel. It's not wrong, just different. I also like an option to adjust forces to the users liking since we all prefer different FFB.

12. tastyweat

tastyweat Registered

Echoes exactly my impressions so far - I absolutely love the FFB in this game, it's really brought alive my CSR Elite (something I was feeling rather depressed about buying after trying the "realistic" games like iracing).

iRacing was the best I'd tried - but even then, there just wasn't enough communication when things were going wrong, it just felt so disconnected... cue incredible amounts of frustration and annoyance as you have no idea why you just span (not every time, of course - some was obvious).

rFactor2 is so communicative, I find myself catching some evil slides that I wouldn't be able to in any other game and the feel is simply second to none.

The only thing I feel I need to work on now is the lack of communication from the brake pedal when the wheels lock up - but that is entirely down to lack of hardware - nothing the sims can do about this yet.

Here's some bits I've posted on other forums:

For reference, I have a decent amount of experience with track-prepped MX5s (including some with tasty power mods), a single seater with a 3.0 Costworth V6, Radical S3, gearbox karts and a lot of road cars (some prepped, some not) on-track.