G25 settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gemonic, Jan 11, 2012.

1. gemonic

gemonic Registered

hi guys.... hoping ppl could share their G25 settings (both windows and in game)

mine doesnt seem to "feel" right... also dont seem to have much/any feel for what the back of the car is doing... just snaps loose and am unable to catch it.

cheers

2. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

3. gemonic

gemonic Registered

thanks.... i had seen that thread but it seems more to do with the violent rattling..... im not concerned with that... just looking for other ppl's setups that they seem happy with that give good feedback about what the car is doing

4. fa3482

fa3482 Registered

Good idea +1

Mine if i am not mistaken is (this is g25 settings thing lol):
    Degree Rotation = 900
    Overall Effect Strength = 100%
    Everything Else is at 0.

Controll.ini Steering Torque effect = 6 (just enough to not shake too much if i go off the track and i can feel all the bumps on the road.

In game the FFB is at 1.0 which is set to default if i am not mistaken.

I was taking a fast and sharp left turn ( bad idea of course lol) and i could feel the traction on the front right tire..was really impressed and so loving these settings. BUT Yeah def keep them coming guys :)!

At work but 99% sure that is my setup....sigh I want to go home an play sooo Badly Lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  5. joker68

joker68 Registered

Bear in mind that I've only raced F1s and F3s at Spa66 until now, so all my impressions are based on that. (G25)
    At first I thought that I should use the "standard" setup on Logitech Controller for other racing sims (i.e., force 100%, spring and damper at 0%, etc).
    Then, after several trimming both inside and outside the game, I ended up with a setup that feels great and drives great (for my taste, of course). Mind you that I've never been able to finish an entire lap using the F1 at Spa before these modifications, but after them I've managed to win a couple races and I'm finding almost *easy* to drive the F1.

Changes made so far include several things:

Controller.ini
    ------------
    Steering torque filter="2" (default = 0)
    Jolt magnitude="1.20000" (default = 1.50000 - helps to reduce the violence of the shakings)

Player.PLR
    ----------
    Flush Previous Frame="1" //use this if you have micro stutters

Logitech Controller:
    ------------------
    Overall 100%
    Spring 100% - this gives more weight at the center, remove/reduce if you feel comfortable with weightless wheels
    Damper 100% - this gives more weight at the center, remove/reduce if you feel comfortable with weightless wheels
    Enable centering spring checked, 0%
    Use special steering Wheel Settings cheked, 900 degrees
    Use special game settings checked
    Allow game to adjust settings checked (this is important, because I'll use the "per car" wheel rotation provided automatically by the game)

In game:
    Controls/Steering Wheel Range (check the green square that says "Vehicle Set" = 576 degrees for F1/F3...)
    Car Setup (garage) : wheel turning lock = 13 degrees (original is 27).
    Now, that last part seems to be important, because having a less twitchy setup allows for bigger bumps and potholes without loosing the car due to excessive wheel shaking (you still have the shaking to give you immersion, but as the turns are smoothed, you remain in perfect control). After you get used to this lower wheel lock, you can get a lot more fine control in turns, etc.

Hope it helps someone. For me, it made a world of a difference = F1 is finally controllable during the whole lap, pedal to the metal almost all the time. :)