Beta will not load any track or car combo!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Jason Madigan, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

It runs in Developer mode fine

All mods installed and verified, all are selectable ingame

I did not create a new player, I only have the player.plr file in the userdata folder, but I really did not think this would be the problem ... hmmmm I might just go and create a new player and see how that goes but ...

2. Jason123

Jason123 Registered

What I mean is:

Load rfactor 2... don't load a track, just load the single player game. Then, click "PLAYER" down the bottom, does it say your name that you entered when you paid, or does it say "unkown player" ?

3. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

the player name displayed in game is my real name, so I guess it is not that ... what I have just noticed is the text in the Log View of the launcher which states as follows -

rFactor2 Content Inventory @ Jan 11 2012 8:38:19 PM
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod "1960s World Class Racing 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Mod "Formula Renault 3.5 1.1" failed to verify, removed from inventory
    Mod "Renault Megane Trophy 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory

4. Jason123

Jason123 Registered

I have the same text in the log viewere, but I also have the 'unkown player' issue as well, so looks like I have 2 separate issues lol.
    But yeah my log says the same as yours, removed from inventory.

5. Talkiet

Talkiet Registered

No... no 'unknown player' problem..

I actually got the content to work. It seems that if I enable only one of the current 3 mods, then the tracks _usually_ load... I say usually because I still have the odd crash - but most of the time they work. I haven't tried re-enabling them all now the tracks have done their one time build thing but I was able to get some laps in...

Cheers - N

6. x_stefano20

x_stefano20 Registered

7. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

CTD's for me were being caused by incorrect speaker setting in game.
    I had it set to 7.1 which is my card, but there was issues with that setting. I was loosing the rear speakers intermittently and getting crackling. I then set to circle surround to test and that is what caused te CTD's I found out later.

I found the best sound option was windows default. Now it uses my 7.1 correctly with no sound artifacts and no CTD's.

Hope this helps.

8. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

Ok, so this morning I have installed it on my laptop whilst at work just to see if anything was different and there is. I installed just the Classic F1 cars and when I go into the game I can see them as a series to select, on my gaming rig at home I only see the All Cars and Tracks series available, none of the 3 installed mods show up in the series tab.

At this stage I am thinking there is an issue with the path to my Data folder on the D: drive. When I did the initial install at home I ran the Mod Manager.exe directly from the Core install before running the game for the first time and I installed the 3 mod packages and did the update to the FRenault 1.1, during this process I did notice that in the File menu of the mod manager program I had two instances of my packages folder, Packages and D:\rFactor2\Packages\. What is odd though is that I can select cars and tracks under the All Cars and Tracks series but the actual individual series are not there for me to select in the series selection screen.

I will do a full uninstall and reinstall tonight when I get home and try putting both folders on my D: drive perhaps.

9. T.G.H. Freaky0Frager

T.G.H. Freaky0Frager Registered

with me, unfortunately, not.:(

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1700-Problems-to-recognize-mods?p=26610&viewfull=1#post26610

12. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

Thanks Tim, I did indeed uncheck the view mods only option (poking around seeing what does what) and then enabled it shortly after obviously none the wiser to what I had just done I guess.

Anyway, uninstalled and reinstalled and it works perfectly fine now except for the micro stutters I am getting, but I will search the forum for the answer to this issue :)

13. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

Did you get it sorted Jayforce?.....hi by the way....lol......been a while....:)

14. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

Gday old mate ... yes indeed I did get it sorted, I reinstalled it all and made sure I added the mods correctly and it all works fine now. I will have to dig out my old TOG login and stick my head in the old forum and say gday to all the ol' rf toggers :)

15. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

Not much happening there atm....most people racing elsewhere (sorry for off topic)

16. saloei

saloei Registered

I've yet to get this game to load any cars or tracks. I followed instructions from the install page as well as posters with the same problem and still no racing. What's funny is the email I received after purchasing a license stated this:

"Greetings Saloei,

Thank you for your rFactor 2 purchase!

If you have not already done so, download and install the latest copy of rFactor 2.
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/downloads/

The first time you run rFactor 2 from the launcher, follow these steps:

1) On the ' Simulate ' tab, login, and begin racing!

That was easy, wasn't it?"
    <<<<<<< this is what I don't understand.

Anybody else puzzled by their email?!?!