nVidia 3D Vision

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ball Bearing Turbo, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Ball Bearing Turbo

Ball Bearing Turbo Registered

Hello,

In a FAQ on the main RF2 Page it states that nVidia 3D Vision is supported. It doesn't want to start with RF2 running on my machine. Just wondering if this is a known issue with the Beta?

2. bleco

bleco Registered

Nvidia 3D Vision is ok here ...

I had no issues ... running 290 beta drivers ... Still not perfect yet but rated good with current release.

Bleco

3. Ball Bearing Turbo

Ball Bearing Turbo Registered

Indeed you're right, it's an SLI issue. SLI is broke for now and 3D Vision won't engage when SLI is turned on either. It looks good in 3D vision :)

4. bigtabs

bigtabs Registered

Yep, even the default 3D vision convergence setting is perfect. Haven't noticed any artifacts yet, although the driver popup says that heat effects are not rendered correctly. As soon as TrackIR is implemented it's going to be a really great combination.

5. mmed

mmed Registered

The LCD screen in the Megane has some artifacts behind the Gear number.
    It only shows up after you have changed gear and is seen only thru one eye. Don't remember if it was the right or left.

Except that I haven't seen any problems so far.

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Sorry to wake up this thread (seems the most recent with this on the title), but I have a question in my head for sometimes now: when you're using a 120Hz monitor with 3D and active glasses, like the NVidia one,what happen if your fps fluctuate and can't stay at 120 fps, and E.g. get lower? The 3D still working (no sync problem between left/right, black flash, etc.)? If yes, which fps is acceptable under 120Hz to still have a working 3D and stay relatively comfortable?

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I use nvidia 3d tripple screen (surround)

I don't use 2d at all

Re.fps -you really have to ajust settings etc to make sure the 3d is deliverered seamlessly & without any fps drops etc, if it drops lower it just looks jumpy (pretty much the same as 2d) & really spoils the experience

You will then receive 120 fps which is 60fps per eye (alternate frames per eye as your wearing shutter glasses)

A fps counter display will show 60fps
    (which is 60fps per eye 1 per monitor refresh -120hz)

I recommend a nvidia 6 series card -this allows uncapped fps which reduces lag

It is worth (if you have too) turning down some graphical details to make sure your system is running the software solidly -it's totally worth it as the 3d is phenomenal,be sure to configure keys to adjust convergence etc too

I hope this helps

Ps in running watercooled i7 @ 5ghz & x2 gtx580 3gb versions @940mgz core

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks Adrian! Tripple screen and 3D, I can imagine how cool is it :)

I may have such kind of system (at least one monitor 120hz and the NVidia package) sooner or later. I have a GTX670 2gb (2gb is not enough for triple I guess, or near the limit) and i7 3770k@4.4GHz. I run rF2 at Max but I will have to lower settings to keep a solid 120 fps...Average now is around 90fps but I often go under 60fps currently depending track, weather and number of AIs...

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Y

Great, you maybe will not have to lower settings much, just maybe reduce your resolution & AA (3d dosnt need much AA ) so you'll be fine

Brill, in seriously awaiting the first reports for the oculus rift then (if good) I'll be going for the improved consumer version

Yes 3d surround us fantastic but if the rift is a success then I think this would be the ultimate

Fingers crossed (-;

10. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

Even at 75 Hz on a CRT 3D is great. Yes 38 FPS per eye is acceptable for me. If I pay attention I can see a slight flickering in bright screen zones but it doesn't bother me. Even with only min 33-38 FPS per eye the game seems fluid for me. I play at full options in 1600x1200 with a C2D @3.8 GHz / GTX660 / 4GB RAM / W7 64 bits.
    View attachment 5705
    View attachment 5706