Just Tested - Poor Performance, Frightening FFB - Can't Play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zild1221, Jan 11, 2012.

1. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

Well, I was initially very excited. I went through and adjusted everything and loaded up the Megane at Monaco.

First off, I spawn in and right away I get 45 FPS. Take a turn out of pit and It drops to like 10-25FPS. That's the best I see around Monaco. I went through and turned down almost all of visual settings to the point where I wouldn't want to play with it looking as bad as it did. I was only able to better my FPS by a few.

My specs are:

2600k @ 4.8Ghz
    2x 6870's OC'ed (I tried crossfire and non-crossfire, neither had any benefit)
    8GB DDR3-1600
    2x SSD's RAID 0
    3x 1920x1080 monitors @ 5956x1080

I don't see any reason for the game to run this poorly on my setup with the settings as low as I had them. It is pretty much unplayable.

As for the FFB, I am running an ARC G27-E modded G27. In the Megane I turned the FFB multiplier down to .2. It was just about the right resistance (I like it light). However, when I went through the bump corners of Monaco, it just made some horrifying grinding and vibration noise. I went through a few more corners with the same thing, then even worse when I hit a curb. It is so bad that I had to stop in fear of damage to my wheel.

At this point, I can't play due to FPS and the FFB issues. I am kind of disappointed. Are there any solutions yet?

2. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

- G25 ,G27 FFB Crazy Vibration
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1739-Some-changes-that-may-help-G25-G27-rattling

Trying to work out a solution here :)

- Performance issues

I seem to be getting allot of stutter but turning off AA seems to make things run smooth ish , Have you tried running the game on lowest settings but at native rez and then turned on 1 thing at a time to see if its just one thing doing the slow down ?
    I know your pc is way above spec my pc should be above it as well just be interesting if its 1 specific thing causing slow down / stutter..

3. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

A couple things that have a profound affect on FPS are located in your Catalyst Control Panel, and they both concern AA

Having Morphological filtering checked can lower FPS
    Using Edge detect filtering can lower FPS
    SuperSample AA can REALLY lower your FPS.

If you have any of these set you may want to try playing with those and see if it buys you back a few frames

Environment Mapping eats a few good frames, too

For your system though--that performance seems a bit unusual for sure

4. guod

guod Registered

zild1221,

Go into your Catalyst Control Center, go to the Gaming > 3D Application Settings and turn everything to "Use application settings" and everything else to "Performance" instead of "Quality". Deselect every other check box. Reboot and try it again. Make sure you have Vertical Sync off. If you get better fps, go back into CCC and start raising one item at a time, try it and see the difference. I'm thinking the NVIDIA and AMD/ATI control panels are impacting a lot of the performance problems some people are having.

1 person likes this.
  5. zild1221

zild1221 Registered

@ Scott and Guod

My CCC settings are all to their defaults when it comes to 3D Application Settings. Here is a snip just to reinforce this.

[​IMG]

As for specific rF2 settings, I have been going through them one by one, even restarting the game completely in between doing so. From all lowest, to a mixture of settings, to all cranked, I only see a 5-7 FPS difference.

And with the FFB, I am subscribed to that thread to keep an eye out on changes. Thanks so far, I am anxious to get playing.

6. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Zild, I read somewhere that CrossFire and SLI do NOT work well with the beta, try disabling xfire and see if that helps. I am running a single 6950 2GB, and although the performance isn't great, it is "good enough" for me. I average around 60 FPS with AA at 2X in ccc, AF at 4 X, texture filtering at high Quality, and most settings in game maxed. Like Scott said , super sample AA REALLY slows down FPS, i was getting in low 20s on some spots with it on super sample, once i switched it to regular multi sample, it smoothed out a LOT.

Ahh, i missed that you are running eyefinity. sorry 'bout that. Hope you can get it sorted out mate !!

7. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

I have 5970 (1 card 2 gpu) crossfire and working well, check with afterburner software how your gpu's working, both of mine is about 85% workload and both with same temp.

1 person likes this.
  8. squeech

squeech Registered

i had the same issues as you had.... way overpowered pc specs and poor performance. I turned off "Morphologische Filterung" in CCC sorry its german ;) but it gave me a huuuuuuge performance boost. english it should be "morphological filter" or some thing

this thread made me test it- great!!!

View attachment 5974

9. ika

ika Registered

hi guys, sorry me English . I have probs on rf2 got ATI 5700HD card and have lag wen I go full setting in game. got it I7 Processor and 8GB ram always have installed new driver ATI some one can help me please? thanks for response . [​IMG] wen I playning temp going max 60c in onothers games I have np with play full settings.[​IMG] need change something here? regards ika

10. Comante

Comante Registered

Are you serious ? You put a card of 4 years ago in a I7 with 8GB ram?

11. ika

ika Registered

yes I am serious thes pc present me friend, so what I have thes card and 8GB ram possible any solutions?? OS:Windows 7 64bitCPU:I7RAM:8GBGraphics:ATI HD 5700Storage:600GBMonitor(s):1920-1080

12. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

With that videocard you never can play rFactor 2 at full settings, lower the graphic settings help a lot.

13. ika

ika Registered

so need change video card, in high settings its worcks normaly. thank you for responding guys thanks a lot.

14. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

I have a 760 and now can play almost at full settings at 1920x1080, but before with a 550Ti I can´t. Nvidia works better in rFactor 2.
    I hope that clarifies something more to you. :)

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Assuming Crossfire does not work isnt a 6xxx series at
    reaching a little. ?

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

...........and what does that have to do with anything.

It was never going to be fast enough to run triple 1920 with any "decent' settngs. ?

New drivers, rF2 optimization or not.

17. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

As for your FFB vibrations over gutters and rumble strips - put your FFb Smoothing to 1 or 2.. in settings in the game.
    Also check your Logitech profiler isnt set to some crazy ffb setting like 150%.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're replying to a post from January 2012, when filtering wasn't available if I recall correctly. That forum user hasn't been on here since Dec 2013, either.