HDR problems (?)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jubuttib, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I had the "very bright HDR" issue when I turned HDR on from the in-game menu. To solve it, it was just a matter of restarting the game.

GTX 260 SP216 with 285.62 drivers.

2. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Hi, i have the same problem of saturation with the HDR. In my case occurs when having activated HDR and Anti-Aliasing in Level 3.

If I change the Anti-Aliasing to lvl2 the problem is solved.

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Are you changing it in-game or in rF2 config?

4. Rowhider

Rowhider Registered

HDR & AA problems

On my computer, exaclty the same issue than you and I don't know if normal but the AA don't run too
    My config:
    E8500
    4Go RAM
    RADEON 4870 1Go
    VISTA 32
    DIRECTX 9.0c

5. otta56

otta56 Registered

HDR & Multiscreen Issue

ISI staff,

HDR color is still bleached out regardless of whether or not switch is set in config editor or in-game. The problem appears to be a combination of multiview and large screen resolutions like 5760X1200. HDR appears to work correctly when multiview is turned off and single screen resolutions are used. Please investigate.

Also, some documentation on what the various switches in the .plr and config.ini files do would be helpful. For instance, although the anti-aliasing levels can be set through the "Configure Sim" button, the file Config.ini in the UserData subdirectory does not appear to have a corresponding entry.

How high can the "ShaderLevel" entry in the config.ini file be set? What does it do?

Thanks

6. Grant Hamlyn

Grant Hamlyn Registered

I have an Nvidia GTX 460M and was trying to achieve the highest possible frame rate at the expense of quality. I found the only way to avoid the over-exposure/bloom effect with HDR turned on was to change the 'Texture Filtering - Quality' via Nvidia Control panel to anything less than 'High Performance'. It made no difference how I set HDR, changed other in-game settings, or whether I restarted the app. Perhaps the ATI software provides something similar that can be adjusted.

7. Rowhider

Rowhider Registered

Since yesterday i've update my display drivers and now the HDR function is running but always no Anti-Aliasing (Anti-Aliasing run in developper mod, not in single or in multiplier mod: don't know why...)

8. NightSt@lk3r

NightSt@lk3r Registered

I too had this issue with HDR looking horribly white and washed out, as others have said turning it off in the game menu and enabling it via the rf config utility fixed it for me.

Still cant get AA to work though and 7 out of 10 times the nvidia display driver crashes within 5 minutes of starting the game.

9. Gary Corby

Gary Corby Registered

Same problem with HDR. Radeon 5860 with latest drivers. AA works okay though.

10. Rowhider

Rowhider Registered

HDR solution

Someone gave me the solution to the HDR brightness problem in a french forum: that's run on my pc. :D

First: delete your config.ini file in your USERDATA folder.

Secondly: launch the rFactor2 launcher and go in the Sim Option

Third: activate the HDR with no AA (you must activate the AA by default in windows: I use the ATI tool)

Fourthly: run the game and update your resolution and don't touch anything else.

Fifth: have fun! :cool:

11. naifexx

naifexx Registered

Guys try this, it helped some folks already:

Ingame Settings Menu: Turn HDR off > Exit the game;

In the rF2 Launcher: Select Configure Sim > Select HDR on there;

Restart rF2.

Note: It seems that the in-game HDR selection doesn't work properly at the moment.

Give it a try and put your feedback here please :D

Cheers!

12. Pier93grande

Pier93grande Registered

Hi, can someone help me to resolve that?

I' ve tried to enable hdr only from rfconfig but i have always this problem, from the nvidia panel i set all on default and in the game all on max.

I use a Gtx560Ti with the lastest beta driver 290.53
    View attachment 805

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

It's a known bug with the Megane windshield. Iam pretty sure it will be fixed in the final release.

14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Pretty sure it'll be fixed way before final release. =)

15. nike23osu

nike23osu Registered

Here are some in game shots of everything maxed and HDR fully working. All settings max 8xAA and 16x AF at 7:30am...40fps min while driving in cockpit so it is fully playable.

http://nike.worldofgolfonline.com/rf2/

16. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

The washing out with white happened to me with a HD5770 but it sorted itself with a restart.

17. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Registered

my expereince with HDR has found that using the ingame option to facilitate a change simply breaks it. Using via Config sim via exe file provides some nice results (it works).

also ive found that the game render system seems to employ a projection system too. setting resolution via confg sim render the game at that res, and setting ingame thereafter is the projection. this video was made with 1280x720 resolution and projected at 1920x1080 full screen, which gives a capture of 1280x720. Perfect !.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-aYoD75D0

18. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I have problem with HDR.
    Rf2 in developer mode crashes each time when I'm trying to save or load HDR profile and also clouds and rain don't show up in devmode.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012