CROSSFIRE - COMPATIBLE - Eyefiniti

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by caco, Jan 11, 2012.

1. caco

caco Registered

Hello guys,

Can this game support Crossfire?
    because few minutes ago i tried to play this game with my setup, 3 monitors 21" and 2 VGA - 6870 in 5760 x 1080 resolution, but my FPS was horrible i couldn´t play the game. Now i´m worried.
    This is necessary in my opnion, because the grafics is better now, and only one VGA cant run the game with a good FPS, i have had 14 FPS.

Marcos

2. Tomy

Tomy Registered

The same issue for me, I'm currently playing with three HP ZR24w (@5760x1200) and AMD HD6970 CrossFireX, but the game don't work well!!! :confused:

3. stuball56

stuball56 Registered

I have just been playing with just one of my three monitors. Does not seem to have support for triple screen setups, and the FPS is horrid even with two 6970 cards!

4. MiniMadPaul

MiniMadPaul Registered

Triple screen setup works fine for me. But I'm getting low FPS so I'd like to know the answer to the question posed on this thread.

Does rFactor 2 support Crossfire ? Will it make a huge difference to the FPS rate on a 3 screen setup ?

5. Johan Östman

Johan Östman Registered

Triple screen setup works fine for me to

6. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Works fine as in you can see things on all screens or works fine as in you get fps's comparable to other games?!

Edit: never mind, realised you're using a single card that isn't gonna get high fps anyway.

7. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

I have one monitor only but really good performance with 5970 crossfirecard. 1card because it 2GPU card.

Afterburner shows too that both GPU's working well

8. caco

caco Registered

In my case afterburner show me exactly the opposite, only one of my cards work with 66% performance and other don’t work. Of course if I chance my screen setup for work with only 1 display my FPS is better them before, because there are low resolution.

:confused:

9. corsa

corsa Registered

I'm using one screen (don't have a multi-monitor setup) but two 5770 cards w/ crossfire, and I'm seeing pretty decent frame rates with everything cranked up all the way.

Not optimum framerates, mind you, because this is a beta and performance optimizations usually come toward the very end of development, but definitely good enough frame rates right now to enjoy driving. Over the next six months I think we'll see a lot of improvement in this area, but they are probably focusing more on finishing up all the features in the game first.

10. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

That is weird, your other gpu doesnt do job at all? My stress with both gpu is identical, about 60-85% stress

I have a only one card but 5970 is crossfire card, 2 gpu in one card and works just like 2card in crossfiremode.

11. fedexpress

fedexpress Registered

seriously, don't you people know how to test if crossfire is working???

disable 1 card in ccc, record the fps. turn on xfire in ccc and look at fps again

if it increases then it has xfire support

also i have test with 2x6970 and crossfire is supported.

Using about 80% of each gpu so still room for improvement

12. caco

caco Registered

but do you use eyefinity tecnology? i cant beleive this problem is only with me??

13. caco

caco Registered

my second card doesnt work at all!!!

14. MidNite

MidNite Registered

Heres some things i've noticed.

Single Screen: Crossfire increases performance
    Triple Screen: Crossfire decreases performance

HDR: Wayyyyy to bright.
    Road Reflections: Seem to appear even when disabled
    Anti Aliasing: Doesn't work

15. caco

caco Registered

View attachment 527

look this, only firt card work with 100%, the second doesnt work .
    My crossfire is good because i played Battlefild 3 and both cards work with 90% to 94%

16. anguita

anguita Registered

I have the same problem, in other games Crossfire work fine, both gpu's at 99%, but in rFactor2 only one GPU works at 99%. I have try to change settings in the catalyst, but with no success.

I have an ATI 4850X2 playing with 3 screens with SoftTH and i get 70 FPS with all settings in game LOW, when I put it on medium I get 50 FPS. The HDR works wrong for me, and AA in level 1 is OK. My CPU is Intel i7.

Someone have try SoftTH with Crossfire???

17. Armando

Armando Registered

CrossFireX does not work in windowed mode in my system (2x 6850, 3 monitors).
    Now it's working in fullscreen mode, but only with AMD drivers 12.1 or 12.2 preview.

18. GregP

GregP Registered

I'm fairly certain that SoftTH does not work with Crossfire, i.e. it won't make use of the non-primary video card for anything other than passing a signal to additional monitors, because it definitely doesn't work with SLI.

19. GregP

GregP Registered

CrossfireX does not work in windowed mode -- it reverts to using one video card. Only fullscreen enables use of both cards.

20. TravisRoe666

TravisRoe666 Registered

as big a joke as it is......rf2 does not work with crossfire or SLI or dual GPU cards properly.
    disable all CF or SLI or second GPU and it will be faster.
    pathetic. AA doesnt appear to be working for a lot of people too. almost everyone is having major, major graphics issues particularly performance on dual or SLI.
    How poor is this. what is this game apart from its engine, and if the engine is so early still....ugh.