Framerate Stuttering

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MarcG, Jan 10, 2012.

1. kmw

kmw Registered

You can assign a button in the controls menu to turn mirrors on and off.
    In your PLR file, set Record Replays="1" to "0" to turn all replays off.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you can turn Replays off in game...

3. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

After many tests i'm sure that the major stuttering comes from the shadows!
    It was already the case with rfactor 1. There was a dll that improved the situation called d3d2 or something, don't know what's wrong with that, really a shame because it seems to handle well every other aspects like HDR, reflexions etc...
    I remember it was with nvidia cards only, an outsider expertise, a tech spy would be a key asset to solve this issue ISI
    It was related to the way nvidia card handle shader but i know little about that, you should hire this guy ISI

4. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

Not only a nVidia problem (i'am ATI user). Turning shadows off is the best fix of all fixes that are written about. It isn't really a fix though it's more like a serious flaw in the engine.

5. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

Yes unfortunatly but i don't want to be to critical because this second edition of rf is really new features rich but that's incredible in a way it seems not to be a major problem in other title, is it unsolvable ? I can not imagine that this issue has not be clearly identified.

The stutter comes from the shadows !!!

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

even with Shadows set to Off and the Flush setting to 0 I still get stutters, so I dont think its anything to do with Shadows personally.

7. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

You're wright... in a way... its not the only source but clearly the major for me, i speak about the stutter you get at certain place at mills and estoril in the cockpit view from the megane.

I think the second source is the collisions, for me they are the ISIal suspect, mister shadow and madame collision !!

8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Registered

I only get the stutter with the meganes on any track, everything else is fine, i've tried all the suggested fixes here so far to no avail...

9. chuckyeager

chuckyeager Registered

The megane is fantastic to drive, once you put a notch on the diff preload which get you to the max available its nicely predictable much more balanced in fast kinks rrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaa, brilliant ISI really brilliant ! and the AI is really great now miam miam !!

Though i must get rid of HDR env reflections road reflections shadows to really feel the good physics
    My spec is an intel E8500 an nvidia gtx 570 DDR2 1066 i thought it would be more than enough...

10. hoover

hoover Registered

I also still have massive stuttering in slow corners, no matter what shadow setting I use. The factor for me is number of AI on the track, anything beyond 11-12 and the stutterfest starts.

Cheers, Uwe

11. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I downloaded the PutnamPark track and although the track is light on graphics the stutter was still present. It didn't start until lap three though. FPS are higher than in any ISI track.

12. Chopslide

Chopslide Registered

after trying all of the fixes that I have seen and reading tons of forum posts I still have the stuttering as well
    I want to drive this sim but will have to give up until a new build comes out..... can get decent fps on most mods/ tracks and stutter is present in all.

13. Stanty

Stanty Registered

Same for me, none of the fixes have worked yet

14. a1gpmatty

a1gpmatty Registered

Same for me, tried all fixes and still having the stuttering

15. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

I installed rF2 on an AMD Phaeton II 4 cores, ATI 5850 and a 24" monitor with 1920x1080 native resulotion. rF2 runs with about 30 fps in fullscreen. With 1600x1080 window mode fps is doubled to about 70 fps !!! May be worth to try .... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012
  16. andrerezende

andrerezende Registered

The same, including trying lower resolutions...

17. ajk

ajk Registered

I have driven zero laps with the AI but I get regular stuttering online when number of players go beyond 10 or so. It stutters even when no other player is visible. Sutters with ok framerates but it gets worse if fps dip well below 60.

18. baked bean

baked bean Registered

hi people, need a little help as i cant open the player plr. i managed to edit the controller plr to tone down my wheel rattle but cant open player.plr says i dont have the programe. sry not to clever round the pc so ill apprecitiate some help thnx.

19. MJP

MJP Registered

It's just a text file like the controller file, notepad/wordpad will do it.

20. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

OC'ing brings heat and heat isnt good. Will deal with what I have till the sim is optimized. :)