Framerate Stuttering

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MarcG, Jan 10, 2012.

1. BYF

BYF Registered

"Open your player.PLR file and find this line:
    Flush Previous Frame="0" // Make sure command queue from previous frame is finished (may help prevent stuttering)

Change the 0 to a 1"

This fix worked for me, before I had stutter at certain corners with higher settings and now it's all gone.

The only issue is it came with a frame rate hit of 10fps going from 53 to 43 on the grid with 16 cars, and on average around 10fps less when racing, I'd still take no stuttering over higher frame rates. My system is not the greatest though only using an E5200 @ 3ghz, ATI 4870 1gb, 4gb Ram.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Good find, with my rig (as per first post) I also lose 10fps in the 1960s Cars and 13fps in the Meganes (both at Mills). I fiddled with the nVidia Settings for 'Maximum Pre Rendered Frames' but that does'nt appear to have much of an effect on FPS with the Flush parameter set to 0 or 1.

Hopefully as, Tim pointed this thread to the coders, they can find the source of the Stutters and eliminate them without the need to have the Flush parameter at 1.

Glad its helped a few so far with regards to stuttering anyway, now to tackle the FPS :p

3. hoover

hoover Registered

I just tried this fix again to make sure I hadn't missed anything, but it doesn't work on my system. I'll try updating windows next... yep, that's how desperate I am ;)

Cheers, Uwe

4. OZCOL

OZCOL Registered

5. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I can just about get one race out of mine using the Meganes around Malaysia now with very little stutter.

But if I try a second race my FPS are cut in half and stutter has returned.

Other races I've gone into the first turn all cars bunched up 47fps the second lap with less cars around was 21 fps and the third lap with even less cars it was down to 13 fps.

If I quit to desktop and back to the race I can double my FPS but stutter returns again.

I'm using Flush Previous Frame="1" with Skip Updates set to 1 even though CPU purple bar never goes above 30%.

Ati 5850 12.1 drivers

6. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I managed to get constant 60 fps and sometimes 70fps. ok now should be smooth but no. its lagy. a lot!
    If I activate HDR the lag goes of, but I get only 40fps or 30fps and suttering (not lag) weird. maybe you know what I mean.

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

how do you activate the CPU and memory bars?

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ctrl C

in your Cnntroller page under Misc

:)

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

thanks!!!! :)

10. Johan Östman

Johan Östman Registered

Looks like this fixed my stutter to ;)

11. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Im having trouble believing the stutter is video. I think the stutter/slow motion we are seeing is lag on server side maybe.

12. Rogenator

Rogenator Registered

No Stutter

Hello ISI: Well I must be the exception. My PC is AMD Athalon64x2 2.8 5600, 9800gtx+gp soundcard sblive. 4.0gigs of
    ram. Thats it. My first impression was hmmm, now tuned to run on med graphics, all special things off,
    vsync on hdr on. Did not care for in car vibration turned off. Made the sugestions posted and now have
    a totally palyable beta. Love it drives like a real car. Also can run 10 cars anywhere no lag.

Megane at Mills 10 cars 45+fps 60fps mostly. Thanks for a great start I know this is gonna be the ****,
    when done.

PS: I bought the game for life and am 66yrs old. lol Rogenator:cool:;)

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Its happening offline so nothing to do with server lag, its definitely graphics related.

14. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I had a go at over clocking my graphics card and oddly I didn't get a single fps increase.

I'm seeing some people using HDR on ATI 5850s and lesser cards if I try that I get 2 fps and I think that's a miss print it feels much slower.

15. reynard

reynard Registered

16. SaemonNoJyo

SaemonNoJyo Registered

stutter is gone

Thanks!

17. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

I've got an i7-920 CPU, a single GTX 580 (1.5 gigs of ram) graphics card and 12 gig of ram .

My frame rate is generally about 40 -60 and normally silky smooth, however I still get stuttering now and again although I have changed the flush value to one.
    The stutters nearly always happen on "slow corners" of race tracks. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  18. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi Davy,

that's exactly the symptom I'm getting, most notably at Sepang T1/2 and the last turn before the straight at sepang north loop.

cheers, Uwe

19. nOfe4r

nOfe4r Registered

Deactivating mirrors and turning the replay funtion completely off fixed the stuttering for me. I don't even need Flush Previous Frame="1" anymore and while set to "0" I have 8-10% more fps.

I don't need replays but to have no mirrors is certainly bad.

@ISI:
    After years of frustrations with rF1 due to freezes or CTDs I found the solution for that about a year ago by just turning off the replay function. I never ever had any crash in rF1 anymore. To me it seems there is a fundamental flaw in the replay system since rF1 which is still there.

20. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

How can I dissable mirrors and replay?