Triple Screen Help...

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Spyder, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Guido

Guido Registered

Lol thuis Steve jobs aggresive corrections are killing me :)

2. kmw

kmw Registered

lol :)
    Fair enough, it's strange that my crossfire improves the fps but it doesn't seem to for your HD6000s,
    good luck with the problem anyway

3. Alric

Alric Registered

Hello everyone. First post on the forum, but the most important for me. SLI deffo isn't working properly. I have 3 screens running 5760x1080 and the framerate is poor but mostly choppy and stuttering. It's deffo not my hardware as it runs like a dream with one screen and SLI disabled but that's no good when rf1 runs perfectly on 3 screens. Hopefully it's something ISI or Nvidia can fix as it's really really annoying. Anyway, thought the more people that have this issue speak up the more chance we have of getting it fixed sooner. Loving the new physics though. You can actually now catch a slide like in real life :)

4. Sega Mega Dave

Sega Mega Dave Registered

New to the forum and new to rfactor.

There are a few things that really need sorting.

This is with all settings on high, AF x8 and AA x2 and no HDR.

Crossfire doesn't work so having to run on one card.
    GPU usage isn't very good. Why i am getting 75% but frames of around 30-50 on practice is beyond me, it should be making the most of it. This is causing all sorts of problems as it means lowering the games quality down significantly to get a stable 60fps but this means GPU usage of about 40-50%.

In a 20 car race frames are around 15-20fps but yet GPU usage isn't being utilised properly.

This is all played at 5760x1080, lowering to 4800x900 makes no difference either.

Graphic wise the game isn't that demanding it just needs massively optimising.

Apart from that which im sure can be fixed either by ISI or AMD or even both, the game is massively enjoyable and i can't wait to get in to it more. Just a shame for now I have to run it with settings that make the game look like it's from the 90's. I know graphics aren't everything but i'd hope to be fully utilising the hardware i have.

Spec for reference is

i7 2600k at 4.6ghz
    2 x AMD HD 7970's in xfire (can only use one currently in game)
    16gb 2133mhz RAM
    Eyefinity triple monitor at 5760x1080

5. Spyder

Spyder Registered

^^^ brilliant name mate!!

6. Armando

Armando Registered

I have a similar problem.

Eyefinity resolution 5228x1050.
    2 x AMD HD 6850.
    12.1a AMD drivers.
    The rest of the system specs are in my profile.

CrossFireX isn't working, so my system is struggling with only one 6850 and three monitors. But even then, with the graphics settings I have to use the resulting graphics quality is similar to rFactor1, only the performance in rFactor2 is worse.

CrossFireX works correctly in my system with rFactor1, iRacing, netKar Pro...
    With rFactor2 and CrossFireX enabled, if I run the game in full-screen, the whole system hangs before loading the main menu and I have to make a hard reboot. If I run the game in windowed mode, the secondary card isn't used at all, checked with MSI afterburner.

7. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

For me it is not workling too.

I have a ATI 6950 which i can switch up to 6970.
    I'm using a Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital with a resolution of 3048 x 1024.

I know it's a beta ... but i can't use it.

Got only a couple of frames - not more - doesn't matter which grafic config.

iRacing is runnin' fine with the highest graphical configurations.

8. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

I am getting 60-70 fps after the first few corners with 23 AI at Spa in the 60s F2. Took it around Mills and it seemed quite a bit less I will check it later.

Running the following:

7 920
    ATI 6970
    6Mb RAM
    Vista 64

rFactor2 at 5760x1080
    AA use application settings
    AA filter multi
    AA mode adaptive
    AF application controlled
    Anisotropic optimisation off
    trilinear optimisation off
    surface format optimisation off
    texture filtering quality
    mipmap quality high quality
    texture lod +1
    flip queue size 0

Detail
    circuit med
    player med
    opponent med
    texture high

texture filter x8 ani
    special effects med
    shadow med
    shadow blur off
    sun occ no
    rain drops yes
    road reflection no
    env reflection no
    wind and crowd movement no
    visible cars 23

AA level 2
    HDR off
    Multiview off

Spotter off
    Num sounds 32

Dropping the car & track details down has less of an impact on quality than you might think and helps with FPS
    It runs fine with these settings at that car/track combo including rain which is encouraging.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  9. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

Dropping the AI to 11 makes a significant difference.

I can now run supersampling AA and in game AA to level 4 and get 70-100 fps after the start. This helps get rid of some jaggies. Also running early morning or evening makes for much nicer lighting that works better then mid afternoon IMHO.

10. m.lannon83

m.lannon83 Registered

First post on the forums, just wanted to check in. I have been playing using a 22" monitor at 1680x1050 res with a couple GTX465 1GB in SLI and was getting some low but playable frame rates. Disabling SLI in the nVidia control panel and popped back up into the 25-35fps range in a test session with no other cars on track and all settings set to max. Switched over to 3x displays at something like 3840x720 (some tweeking still needed with my 2D surround settings obviously) but the game was totally unplayable. FPS in the middle single digits and the best number I ever saw with fraps was something like 19fps for a split second. Sadly disabling SLI is not an option when running nVidia Surround. Last night was the first time ever using it, and I'm not sure I ever want to go back to single monitor racing!! Anything us beta testers can do to help ISI/nVidia out with these (what I'm assuming are) driver issues?

*Edit - Forgot to mention I'm running the newest nVidia beta drivers 290.xx but have tried an older 286.xx driver with little to no change*

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  11. aldrew

aldrew Registered

I am having major frame rate issues as well with triple monitors. My specs are:

i7 920 overclocked to 4ghz
    ATI HD5800
    12 Ram
    Windows 7
    Triple Head to Go for the monitors.

Installed the latest ATI driver and no improvement.

12. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Same here, totally unusable and my apologies go out to anyone who lapped me in the Meganes last night.
    So I can't beta test really as it's impossible to keep a car on the track.
    5870x2 30fps if I'm lucky.

Also if I hit configure sim it says dx9.0c.....?

Oh and 1st post should have contained "hello" ;)

13. Rich_hard1

Rich_hard1 Registered

working fine here with triple monitors.

everything on high or max. getting 90 fps, dropping to 56 fps on one corner of renault track. crossfire seems to work ok, ditched htr, that mode sucks, too damn bright.

14. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

Any news?

15. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Now I get HDR to work with 3xScreen, got 10fps increase, but still hard to drive with 20cars ( 20fps ), 70fps when solo.