G25/27 horrendous rattling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mee, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

feels, it was example. it is the same hitting pavement's curbs on monaco. I'm sure you know tracks in other sims with pavements next to road

2. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I had a steering wheel Logitech Formula Forse EX ... I buried him at the first assembly rFactor2, cracked fins on the engine of the rattles. I can put pictures later if it is not clear what I'm trying to say.
    I have more than 5 months without a rudder. I set up a mouse with PPJoy and you know, just go terribly uncomfortable and awkward to work DevMode.
    And I have no money to buy a normal G25/27

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think it is pretty clear. Although I used to own one of those, I'm not sure I ever felt it show enough strength to break itself. I'm also not sure it would rattle at all?

4. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I blame myself, I built rally cross track, in the first test, the surface of the ground, I flew it over 110 km / h, was a lot of noise inside the wheel and jammed. I turned and there was a power-clicking. Came the sound device is disabled from USB, the indicator on the handlebars off.
    It's a pity there was no DVR shoot accident steering, video.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

So I just pictured you as Wiley Coyote when that happened. :)

6. monkmachine

monkmachine Registered

Can someone with the Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 CSR Elite Edition say this fixes the issue (I have a G25)? I'm really considering getting this wheel & pedals combo (also liking the sound of load brake cell). Does anyone have any experience of this wheel and say it's better than the G25?

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I went from G25 to G27 to GT3 RS v2. The GT3 RS is an absolute pleasure. I can play with FULL FFB and drive over curbs and go off road without fear.

Absolutely no rattles or shakes or grinding. The belt drive motor lets you feel all the things your missing with the Logitech. It's fantastic.

I'm not going back to Logitech unless they make a belt drive wheel.

8. monkmachine

monkmachine Registered

Ooooooo, your making me very close to pulling the trigger on it. Did you get the CSR pedals too? I was thinking about the elite package with the pedals.

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_e...d=118&osCsid=756d86de2addd173f50ee8774c9894e8

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

10. raekwon

raekwon Registered

of course! i use 9 at Steering torque filter

11. monkmachine

monkmachine Registered

12. JvM

JvM Registered

How about this for a possible 'solution':

A simple canned force for curbs, (concrete)paved roads and offroad.. which is on as a default when using Logitechs..?
    Can be turned off if desired.

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You have one already: filtering. You can also add dumping in drivers.

In case of other artificial force modification I would wait for better steering wheel physics code rather than to chose canned effect

14. JvM

JvM Registered

Ofcourse I would want that too, but incase it wont happen.

And the filtering what is available atm atleast, effects the whole ffb, making it feel sluggish.

15. martymoose

martymoose Registered

So true Tim, Im surprised that people arent complaining that their 386 with voodoo gfx cant play the game at the same level of GFX as someone with an i7 and gtx680. Would the person with the 386 want to sue ISI or logitech because the game doesnt run? Even though that's a bit of an extreme example as the 386 wouldn't even play the game but the G25 even though they were the best wheels at the time of release have been surpassed by better ones that have greater capabilities.

Im sure that those with newer wheels are happy that they can experience more form their wheels thanks to their advanced hardware, those that have inferior wheels to this should just accept that or buy a new wheel pretty simple I think. Filtering will work fine and I dont even need to as mine is fine on my headphones in a big house and nobody has ever complained. If my G25 were to die it would be a good reason to get a new wheel as this has served me great for a long time.

If new wheel were no better then the g25/g27 then what would be the point of buying these, wouldn't everyone just still buy the Logitech wheels if they were still the best.

16. Papa_K

Papa_K Registered

Are the Logitech G25/G27 gear-driven wheels cosidered obsolete?

Is it that an unfiltered FFB input doesn't translate well on a gear-driven wheel, vs. belt-driven; or is there something else in rF2 related to the latest/greatest/most-expensive belt-driven wheels, other than some built-in physical dampening, that makes those wheels "superior" with the current beta releases of rF2?

Bottom line for me is that I won't drive it now without some handicap?/filter setting in the .ini controller file.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

It depends how you look at it.
    Its a 6 (?) years old design, which is ages in computer technology.

On the other hand, I look at it as a classic design, which satisfies me completely, making it really hard for me to give extra cash for something new.

I dont believe this.
    I dont think ffb does not translate well on my g25. On the contrary, I cannot believe that an IRL racing wheel wouldnt jump in my hands if I hit a kerb at racing speeds. In fact, I believe it would be much, much stronger, as my experience of my electric (!) wheel in my real ordinary car suggests.
    I really cannot understand what all the fuss is about here. RBR was much noisier on my wheel (judging from wife's nagging) and I was happy for that, it gave me the illusion I was rallying.

I cannot tell if belt driven wheels will offer better ffb for my palms, I havent tried one.
    Atm, I think their prices are close to ridiculous imho, if you consider that by paying for g25, you got h-shifter plus pedals and you were all set.

(btw, I bet that my g25 will die on my hands from a cut wire, than a brocken gear tooth)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

LOL keep the scissors away from the wife! :D

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Dont think she'll do it, Ive shown her the bill for a belt driven LOL

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You know nikos, you can get a Fanatec GT3 RS v2 with pedals and 2 shifters (H-gate + sequential) for under $300.

Isn't that what the G25 cost when it came out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.