rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Fighting the whole race for first position in Lime Rock. After the start looks like relax time, but both drivers, me and first one were pushing hard. And in min 13 things became closer.

After min 13 is visible in this video how great tire wear works in rF2, I was drving smooth, with no tire locks or drifts and my car were fine during all the race (except two oversteer problem due bad concentration). But my friend had some front tire locks and had way more tire pressure than me, and he told me after race how him suffered while I was attecking him hard after min 13, he having little grip issues in front wheels due lockings and oversteering in S1 due too high tire pressure, all this visible in the video.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Just a online race on ISR servers, was fun. Keikei(orange car) was unlucky as he run out of juice near the end, I lost the back end second to last lap and the fast Sven (Black & green car) took a well deserved victory.

3. Outsider1978

Outsider1978 Registered

Chevrolet Camaro GT3 @ Mid Ohio

4. Andii

Andii Registered

Finally my Camaro video :)

5. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Spin? What spin?

6. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I've been debating posting this here as I know the reaction, but... let's just go for it. More or less, rFactor 2's Regional Skip which I thought I liked, versus iRacing's latest & greatest. Not comparing the tracks obviously, though I do take a look at lap times. For you guys who believe rF2 is like ice, well, here is some extra ammo for your bandolier. Comparing the two cars was an eye opener to say the least for me.

Someone care to get close to a 1:36 in a Regional Skip at Mid Ohio? 39s are possible, but I doubt much more unless you drive in a stupidly unrealistic manner but I don't think that would work anyways - except bouncing curbs GPL style. lol

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

iRacing had to make 5 iterations of their "New Tyre Model" (which was advertised straight away since first "NTM" as THE best tyre model ;) ) to finally make those cars more planted. So, wait until rF 2 tyre model will be in a more finished state and then we can talk :)
    By the way, making a particular car to do a given lap times is not that hard... but it's not about that, really.

8. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

When it's 4 seconds off the pace and feels like it's constantly on ice, chances are there is something to that. Not like ISI haven't updated their tire model numerous times either, remember when the Vette was released and they specifically told us they had an update to the tire coming in about a weeks time from then?

9. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

I hope you are considering these when you say that though :)
    http://isiforums.net/f/showwiki.php?title=rF2+-+Real+Road+Light+Rubber+Guidelines

10. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Track was rubbered in with about 25 AIs and I running for about 45 minutes.

11. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Alright, just wanted to make sure :) I would comment on the validity of your statement (yay or nay) but I haven't had the opportunity to race in real life so I don't have the slightest clue XD

12. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yes, ISI does some improvements to TGM but they are not "there" yet with their tyre model. That's why I recommend to wait until they finish whatever is still missing.

13. RJames

RJames Registered

14. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Is this before or after adding more resolution to the road because I see the stair stepping effect pretty bad in some places in this video. I really appreciate the work i just hope we can get a proper high resolution road surface in this conversion.

15. RJames

RJames Registered

This video was recorded today with the public release. I agree, but with the pace the mod has come some far it's nice to be able to drive this mod at this stage of development.

16. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

For those who do not know how to drive fast the Skip Barber Regional, here is a reasonably fast lap with pedal telemetry overlay.

There is not magic setup, default one with soft rear anti-roll bar only changed. Tyre pressure can be adjusted to get better grip, but I don't know yet what is the optimal for this Skippy version, so I tested with default.

17. Takumi

Takumi Registered

The green hell + camaro =<3

18. drako90

drako90 Registered

Corvette C6R at Poznan (rfactor2 Build 240)

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Megan Trophy at the Nurburgring, Hotlap!

20. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Need spring and damping adjustments but track is still burned in memory :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.