rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

iRacing, looks more live, work of a suspension bracket and a large number knocks on a suspension bracket on the road.
    Even if to make in рФ2 a large number of blows to a suspension bracket, the kinetic principle won't recover the car visually, therefore all roads equal in rF2.
    I convert the road from iRacing other track, a small oval not for the publication, I compare behavior.

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Who the hell said anything about being fair. iRacing is updated regularly and gathering funds more than any sim has ever done, and you say that there is something wrong throwing a comparison. Id say that the reason iRacing is getting compaired so much is because it is being devoloped as we speak and has good everything, hence makes a good place for a comparison.
    Its a good comparison and so is that damn track and car aswell, was it made before WW2 or yesterday.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

This has been discussed many times, RFactor 2, although improved, still has MUCHHHHHHH less of its physics connected and shown in its graphics compared to NK Pro and IRacing. Much less physics is shown, and what RF2 does at least show, it most likely shows it with MUCH less fidelity and a much slower update rate than the "physics-graphics" in IRacing and Netkar Pro.

So determining the physics from graphics actions shows NOTHING of a sim, and even less in RFactor 2's case.

Even the steering wheel movement is dull and bad in RFactor 2's graphics, and this will lead people that watch it in videos to think the steering and/or physics are bad. Once they play it though (or they see a video where you can see the real life human's steering, those are, by far, my favorite videos, and the ones that truly show what is going on with the steering) then I am sure they will change their mind :)

4. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

This confuses me. Whats wrong with the wheel movement? As long as i am in my own car during replay, it shows exactly my steering inputs...or have i missed something?

5. Jux

Jux Registered

I don't get how people are able to drift with the skippy car. It is so counter-intuitive to me. Once I lose control, it is over.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Um, are you saying people will be drawn to the suspension, created by bumps, which only exist in one place now: Their track version.

The bumps aren't there in real life now, so they aren't on our track, so our suspension won't move as much. And neither will theirs when they update the track to how it is now...

Our track is up to date, if that is a reason to put us down, I simply don't understand.

7. 88mphTim

Throttle, throttle, throttle. :) The car is stable with throttle, like a FWD... It's tough to program your mind for it.

8. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

so is that better to left foot brake while leaving the throttle pedal when turning?
    that's what i figured out with the clio under rain conditions (and when you want to prevent the rear to drift)

9. 88mphTim

That might help to stabilize the car under braking, yes, but I wouldn't continue braking while turning. Basically once I put the throttle down in the Skippy I don't need anything else except a quick occasionally twitch in the steering to correct it.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

That comparison video is funny. Two completely different versions of the same track. Goes to show you how little these people who are doing the comparison know.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

With the Skip in this particular track (LRP) without chicane I use the brake only in the first corner the rest of the track only Throttle!

12. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

13. tjc

tjc Registered

That vid has already been posted by wajdi F1 2004...

:)

14. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

15. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

A little off topic between too many skippys :rolleyes:, but here my new race edit of Winter Clio Cup, this time in Sebring.

Enjoy! 1080p :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
  16. Miro

Miro Registered

Huh, man..... that's some stuff, great video!

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Great video Esteve!
    Found this,rTSchool vs Skip Barber Side by Side Comparison

18. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

back from hospital today lol

19. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

20. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

Ok so this was a test,
    i stick a 80$ android phone on my nose/mouth with an elastic and drove.
    THat's not easy to drive with such device on the face!
    too bad i didn't saw the elastic was on the camera objective!
    the phone is placed a bit too low compared to the eye, with a eye point of view the wheel is aligned wit the cockpit .

Sorry for the quality !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.