rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I agree with this it's a win for all. But still the modder in question should still of asked to be fair. Still i love the sound either way

2. FONismo

FONismo Registered

It's what i have used since way back in the early days. It was recommended somewhere, i'm not sure where. iRacing is also recommended to be set @ 107%

3. F1lover

F1lover Registered

If we charged for the mod then yes it infringes on the copyright.. we supplied our mod free of charge.. but what you comment on has nothing to do with what we at F1SR work hard on.. Especially the sound guys.. not 1 mention of whos sounds and etc this mod uses..
    Its a dam shame.. and should be removed until proper permissions are given..

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I agree to be fair but why not just PM the guy in question and sort it out between the both of you. I really love the sound btw, you guys did a great job. But i don't think you should be punishing others in all honesty due to one person. Just my thought mate and i totally understand what you mean and no offence taken btw :)

5. F1lover

F1lover Registered

I have requested on there site.. but no one has responded.. so i have resorted to making it public knowledge that they are in fact taking credit for other peoples works..

6. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I'm with you F1Lover...100%

I suggest you to contact ISI (with a PM) to remove those contents from the site. :)

7. FONismo

FONismo Registered

That's fair enough then mate i can understand your position. I would say though that right now we are not blessed with content in RF2 and this is an awful lot of fun. I work with the MAK-Corp guys alot so understand where your coming from as a team. I didn't know that the sounds were yours btw when i dloaded it last night. I didn't like the mod when i first tried it a few months back but gave it go last night when i see it in the server list and was just buzzing with the sound.

I have just deleted the video from here btw for you.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I remember reading the same thing about use 101-105, something about the ffb not being correct at 100, i think it was a logitech thing.

9. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Your a Gentleman BSNismo.. thanks mate.. and no offence taken at all.. there is no way for you guys to know.. appreciate it thanks

1 person likes this.
  10. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

My point was that the mod team are totally willing to infringe one persons /companies copy right and IP ( car deisngers , graphic designers , manufacturers , enganears , ) and are totally reliant on the fact that the rights holders dont send you a cease and desist or put pressure on ISI to more stringently moderate the game ( which they could do)

But yet when someone does the same to you , you ask people to remove content relating to it , its a bit hypocritical.

I totally appreciate and understand from a production point of view it can be depressing/annoying when people rip your content and use it as there own without credit (this has happened to me with my software multiple times )

And I am not devaluing the work any mod team does I just think rather than asking people to remove mods that "steal" stuff or videos that then reference that mod that contains the "stolen" content , It would be more constructive simply commenting and making people aware of the origins of the content.

That way if the mod that "stole" the content gets popular it simply acts as an advert to the original producer making the origin of the content more popular.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

Agree with JamesWesty 100%.

Now then, where are all the beta vids?

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Guys, a question, how on earth do you make these video's?
    I want to do it too, but really don't know how :(

13. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

1960s commentary episode 3 @ Feels 3's spiffing rendition of the Croft Circuit !

I would like to thank Feels 3 for giving me early access to his track and recommend you all download it when its finished !

14. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

Fraps http://www.fraps.com/ and an editor such as Windows movie maker (installed on most windows os). WMM is very basic but enough for uploading to youtube with basic editing.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Use Fraps to capture the video from the game - http://www.fraps.com/

then use any video editing software to edit it together
    "Wax" (http://www.debugmode.com/wax/ ) is a good free one to use but there are many of them.

When recording with fraps you have to be mindful of your Pc's speed and hard drive space if you do a Google search asking about recording videos with fraps you should get all the information you need its not that complicated.

On the RF2 side the game does not have proper replay stuff in it yet so I just record a single player session in real time as I drive but I make sure to press the number keys 1,2,3,4,5 to remove all the user interface items.

1 person likes this.
  16. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Ah come on guys, the mod community for YEARS now has had rules they try to respect between themselves, and all we have to do is be thankful they produce anything for us, and respect and support them when stuff like this happens.

From day one it has been bad form to rip any mod makers work and put it in another mod without permission, and we as racers should respect this and back them up when it happens. Even if you don't agree with it (which i do agree), you should respect the creators wishes, not bitch about it just because you want want want.

To think a few guys worked hard to create some great sounds for a mod, and then another team comes along and steals them without even asking. It's underhand. If you spent all that time working on sounds only for some guy to steal and put them in another mod and try to take the credit, it would surely not glide off your back so easily.

The other large rule is not to steal content from other games, so to take Shift 2 models and use them in rFactor. Luckily most mods that do this are laughably poor anyway, so no big loss.

I think the argument that modders are infringing on car companies because they base their mods on those cars is an incredibly weak argument and in no way comparable. Said team simply copies and tries to mimic a real life car, the other steals produced content by someone else and tries to take the credit for it.

I for one never touch a mod that i know is ripping off other modders work. This mod may have looked nice, but i now refuse to touch it until this person gets permission for the sounds or uses new ones. And he should apologise publicly, too.

4 people like this.
  17. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

Yeah point taken ^. I get it.

18. FONismo

FONismo Registered

No probs man

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Trux& Jameswesty; thanks, I look into that and try to make a video!

20. osella

osella Registered

Hmm no I don't think it's the same as when somebody rips content of 1 mod to use it in another. When you model a car, do physics etc. based on real car and charge nothing for it, you do no damage to real car designers because nobody will think that you modelled that car out of your head. Everyone knows it was McLaren designers.

But if someone steals sounds from your mod and use it in his own, people could and will think he made those sounds when in fact it was F1SR...!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.