Post your initial impressions here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mclaren777, Jan 10, 2012.

1. thestig514

thestig514 Registered

Wow, ISI, this beta is epic!

The installation was surprisingly easy, however I could not figure out the updating system; a quick trip to this forum helped that.

UI has improved greatly from rF1. I love it! :)

I also love the new set dashboards! They are really cool :)

Gameplay (when I have decent FPS) is amazing. Strangely, my game runs better with high graphical settings and HDR than lowest... My favourite car is definitely the Spark F2. which is just amazing 'round Monaco :)

On another note, where do I highlight bugs? There are a few, and I feel that this beta deserves my input :)

Love it, Love it, Love it.

Cheers,
    Chris

2. Sankaracharya

Sankaracharya Registered

Thanks very much Pigsi, we'll do.

3. Superbee

Superbee Registered

Like the beta so far... Runs average on my system... 50-70 FPS depending on the number of cars... HDR on and all settings to "high"... I would have thought the open servers would have been more packed though... Glad to be part of the "process".. ;)

I should add that the Formula cars at Spa are one of the best feeling I ever had in any "Entertainment Racing Software" ! (yeah.. It always cost me to call them Simulations...:))

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  4. StopPt

StopPt Registered

how can you do that with a decent framerate? whats your secret? ^^ i'm having a difficult time running decent fps. the maximum i was able to reach so far was 30! -.-

5. Andrew McP

Andrew McP Registered

Good news:
    Impressive tyre/physics model.
    Superb dynamic lighting.
    Excellent environmental sounds.
    Wonderfully immersive rendition of Don Draper... I mean, Monaco.
    A genuine "wow!" moment when I came out of the pits at Spa for the first time and found a massive blimp flying over Eau Rouge. Not sure I need that kind of distraction though, especially there. :)

Bad News:
    Poor communication of car's actions through FFB with a G25. Needs a lot of work, or I need a new wheel. :)
    Disappointing frame rate given the rF1.5 graphical style. I imagine this is down to physics & CPU rather than graphics though. I know it's "beta" but the core code can't be that far off now, surely?

Overall I'm neither over the moon, nor sick as a parrot. And whatever happens next, it's certainly been worth the price of entry.... but then I've got about $500's worth of iRacing content I hardly ever use, so my definition of value for money may be a little bent out of shape. :)

6. DriverN1

DriverN1 Registered

of course game is great, and it has great future but...it need a lot of work to do..beta has a ton of bugs and fps is awful

7. Superbee

Superbee Registered

What are your specs ?

With 15 to 20 cars at Spa, it dips in the low 50's - high 40's ... Monaco is about 10 FPS less...

No sun occlusion, and no road reflection...
    AA to level 3, AF:16x from the config exe... I have better results from ingame than from NVIDIA control Panel ... :confused:

View attachment 498
    View attachment 499

GTX550ti is OC'd to 981Mhz Clock / 1962Mhz Shaders / 2250Mhz Memory

8. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Ok ... after 2 days, here my 2 cent:p

Apart from some problems i really like rf2. But as it is a beta, no trouble here ;)

At first start my Wheel produced a lot of noise, an it was nearly impossible, to drive a straight line.
    After some changes its ok now ... not perfect, but ok.

The UI looks nice. But i think it could be a bit annoying, to change cars, tracks, etc. when much more mods are installed.

Things i don't like.

I would prefer to drive any Car on any track, without detours, like it was in rf1.

Looks like we're no longer able, to easily change Textures etc., that should'nt matter any other player in online gaming.

Same with profile. In rf1 i use 1 profile with maxed out grafik and corresponding player.plr for offline, and 1 profile with reduced graphic settings and also corresponding player.plr for online.
    This is much more comfortable than constantly changing all this values. But seeems no longer possible with rf2 now:(

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

If it's not possible for multiple player files now... how about it be a graphics setting preset, like we already do with our controller mappings?

10. StopPt

StopPt Registered

my specs are: I7 3.4gh 8Gb ram and 2048Mb of video ram (its an nvidia gt420 or something like that)

11. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

This. So how do we actually change skins?

12. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Could be a solution, if this will include the player.plr

13. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

I think (hope) there will be plans for skins. But for example, i like to reduce skinsize for opponent cars to safe graphic ram. And i see no reason to have a 4096x4096 skin on a 1920er lcd for opponents, that i never will see all over my screen.

14. David Rego

David Rego Registered

You can do it by selecting "All Cars and Tracks" in Series Menu ;)

15. an1mal_69

an1mal_69 Registered

Love it..!!

Having just put a new machine together in anticipation, rFactor2 came along a lot quicker than i was expecting..bonus

I'd only just re-activated my old account for rFactor (which was a simple e-mail, even after 18mnths of inactivity) and was enjoying the extra performance my new rig brought to the game.

Like lots of people, the 1960's F1 series is bringing big thrills (and a new found respect for the guys that actually raced this era) although taming the F1&2 cars is a challenge at present..i find myself in the scenery a lot, a reset to track function would be nice, although I'm aware its my fault for ending up there in the 1st place.

I run a 2WD Sierra Cosworth (412bhp, 1200Kg, - over 300bhp/ton), and the Megan is the most 'familiar' I've ever felt in a game/sim (and who doesn't always try to recreate their motor :cool: ). There's no real feeling of the turbo coming on boost tho, which can't be too much of an issue to fix, the F1&2 cars both have a kick around the 9000RPM. The Megan has plenty of turbo lag it seems, which would indicate a decent sized blower & hence a big surge as it spins up.. mine will loose traction easily into 3rd gear on a dry sunny day..5th when its damp.

Software performance seems good, like I say, mostly driven round Monaco in the F3, everything set to full (15 Cars on track) I've seen a minimum of 41 using fraps, that's going under the trees on the pit straight, sits @ 60 everywhere else as I run vsync due to outputting to projector.

In summary;

Physics - 8/10
    Graphics -8/10
    Immersion - 9/10
    Satisfaction - 10/10

16. Superbee

Superbee Registered

The GT420 is an entry level card, OK for video and web browsing... But NOT a gaming card by any means... I guess your bottleneck sits right there... Upgrade time maybe ?

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+420

17. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Not really new to me :p
    But i prefer to select every installed track without being forced to changing car series first.

18. Rubber

Rubber Registered

I know but in server is more hard to host a game for example for megane in Monaco and it's also more tricky
    I will like if in further interface tweak there will be an option to select MOD TRACK or ALL TRACK easy to do and save time for all

It's nice to race on the MOD related tracks but why limit the try on other mods tracks if it's possible trought all tracks and vehicles?
    same thing with different track layout!

19. Rubber

Rubber Registered

Me too...

Ps Nice Avatar :cool:

20. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

But its sadly not me, but rather Danica Patrick an american race driver ;)