Test Version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Jan 10, 2012.

1. gniewko

gniewko Registered

yes but he said 5000 not 50000 and BTW 50000 would make 2.300.000

2. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

quit it.. I hate math :mad:

rofl

3. MarcoP

MarcoP Registered

Sooon or late it will arrive, as JPm oval victory, nice avatar.

4. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Looking at all the posts in this forum for last couple of weeks theres something i dont get.
    Do you all know ISI staff? Do you all are related to them in someway?
    So how do you say things like: "ISI staff work hard to give this...." or even "ISI staff deserve to earn lots of money" ?
    Much probably 90% of this posts are from people who bougth rfactor 1 in some ship along the sea of somalia (if you know what i mean).
    First.ISI is a company and they are making their job.Creating a product to sell and hoping people buy it DOT
    Second.They are doing a good job in getting people in expectation about their product but they are doing a bad one in communication.Not every costumer (rf1 people here) are morons who act like a donkey after a carrot....what i expect from a company wich provice me services is efficiency and that isnt the case in ISI-RF2.Like many of people in simracing community,i heard about release of rf2 almost since war in vietnam :).
    Im not saying to push the release but an expected date (2011 Q4,2012 Q1,2012 Q2,etc) could have been posted.I didnt joined IRacing one year ago waiting for rf2....and we are almonst reaching the end of the world (dec 2012) and no rf2.
    Even people who made an upgrade to their pc´s when they start earing about rf2 lauch need to do a second upgrade know ;).
    Also all this talk is about an open beta (if we can call open to something wich will be paid) and not about a finished product.
    I know many of you like to say "if you blablabla then get out of here" and stuff related but this is my opinion and that no one can change.....only ISI.
    Best regards to all.

5. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Valter, I agree... we are all fan boys and behave a bit like Apple users.(Apple isn't a commercial company and creates products with the sole goal to make the world better and people happy. There's never been any kind of financial thought behind it)

Obviously ISI i a commercial company that aims to make money at some point.
    on the other side, I don't care about all I just said and just wanna have Rfactor2... I even don't care if they work hard or not... just gimme the game... > at the end it all goes back to being a fan boy of Rfactor...
    so pleeeaaassseeeee, release.... and no I don't care to behave like a little boy of 4 years.

6. Vedster

Vedster Registered

While some of your points are valid, you are forgetting one important thing. People like to look forward to new stuff, people like to give compliments, but then again people like to slate as well.

Common to both groups is that they want same thing, something new to play with.

Forums are always mixture of hope, sarcasm, true and false info, and most of all they are fairly anonymous place to express your emotions what ever they are.

If you stick to official press releases you will get exactly the info you want, just don't read the forums, that is the only way to get only important info that you strive for.

7. JohnnyMartini

JohnnyMartini Registered

Talking about fanboys, this reminds me of the last scene in the movie by the same name. Everybody goes nuts to have a sneak peek at the new Star Wars Movie. And when it finally hits the Theaters the hero turns to his friends and asks the only reasonable question in the whole movie: "What if it sucks?"
    I think there is nothing to add to that.

8. NotLaw

NotLaw Registered

Another member of HistorX here, and I'm really looking forward to testing out the modding capability of rF2.
    It'll be interesting to see the new capability of the engine, with regards to vehicle materials...

9. NobbyRacing2012

NobbyRacing2012 Registered

I think some people expect that this will be a fully functional finished product ... it is and still will be a BETA ... so don't expect to much ... if it runs fine, than we will test it ... if it sucks, than so be it, don't forget it's still not the full product ... if it's good, than so be it too ... than ISI knows they are on the right way ... but as we all know, there will always be a couple of people that will complain about this and that ... I personally believe that the final product will be as good or even much better than rF 1 ...

10. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Thanks for the awesome product, ISI!

[​IMG]

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Very cool image.

12. blanes

blanes Registered

That looks waaayyy cool Mclaren... makes a racing nut want to burn rubber 24/7 in all climes & conditions :)

Congrats all at ISI on the loooong awaited launch !

13. rer8

rer8 Registered

There has to be a better way...

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

That's immense performance considering the specs of you comp, what are your graphics settings? I'm guessing low/mid?

15. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

No, it's full on everything. And he's running some absurdly high resolution.

People typically do one of two things: they either exaggerate their computer specs or exaggerate their frame rates. In most cases, if someone says they get 100 fps, I'll just knock off about 40% and figure the guy gets 60.

There is no way the guy above gets 120-100 fps with the specs he has. Maybe (since I'll get 60 with my Quad 2.4) with no cars on the track.

But all and all, I was surprised at the frames I was able to get. And this being only a beta. ISI has always done a decent job optimizing its graphics, IHO.

One of the main reasons some people might get low frames is because they run too much junk in the background. I myself have tweaked my PC to run at optimal speed, with administrative services running only what I absolutely need (right now I think I have about 8 services running at start-up).

Just add a Nortons or Symantec AV to your background programs and it will suck the life out of computer resources.

Alan

16. NightnDay

NightnDay Registered

screen !

Can´t believe it

17. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I hear you on the background junk part. Though first I'd like to see the game utilize 100% of my GPU (tops out at 87% currently) and more than 50% of even one of my cores (currently tops out at 45% on one and 30% on another, two cores left for the background stuff) before I start to optimize other things too much. =)

18. VicMan

VicMan Registered

I'd like to make a question. A newbie question to be honest, sorry for that. I'm going to buy the lifetime rFactor 2 beta, but before i do that i would like to know: Will this beta lifetime license work when the game is finally released and out of beta? Thanks...

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Yes.

20. VicMan

VicMan Registered

Yep. That's what i was expecting. Thanks for the reply.
    I cant wait to test it. I'm sure it's going to be kick-ass even on beta stage.