Test Version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gjon Camaj, Jan 10, 2012.

1. vyrush

vyrush Registered

oh the anticipation.. its killing me..

2. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Yeah, right. Something you downloaded before you actually download the beta is going to be needed after you download the beta.

It really seems as if everyone here has turned into a child, either asking childish questions or just asking questions just to ask them.

Wait for the beta to be released. WAIT. It's not that hard to do.

Alan

3. Rino

Rino Registered

No when or how or where, but a big congrats to all ISI guys, and outsiders who helped out, and spending allot of time and effort on this title.
    Exciting times for potential rf2 users, but also for the creators. People seem to forget that.

4. JETninja

JETninja Registered

Hey Gjon (and Tim) This is John Tami from FB. Not really a modder, so not sure except having early access to test, if its worthwhile for me to participate. I have no problem paying for it, I trust you guys! :D

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I will dive into the beta mainly for modding and after to have the feedback on FFB and Tire behavior in comparison with rF1.

Give us the link :) :) :).

6. Hoschi

Hoschi Registered

great ! Thanks for info! ;)

7. Boyd

Boyd Registered

I have complete and total faith in ISI, the beta process, and my own desire to try out RF2. As such I'll buy 10 beta's if need be (don't bill me on that :rolleyes:). I think everyone here (mostly) has no problem purchasing the beta, I know I certainly don't.
    I'm from a systems development background, but I'm no modder. Hell, I'd have trouble skinning a darn car. But I can test drive till I'm blue in the face, I'll test drive till my shoulder's torn rotator cuff no longer rotates, and I'll test drive till the final release. During that process I'm sure I'll learn a bit more about the technicalities of modding in RF (downling pdf's as I type this). I am becoming immersed in RF2 and it's esoterica, and for me it's gonna be a learning opportunity. Oh yeah, I'm ready!!

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm having trouble understanding your post.. because you're either struggling to tell him he's an idiot, or you're shooting yourself in the foot. Yes, the 'something' we downloaded (content) is used with the beta we haven't downloaded yet. As I thought was pretty obvious anyway, but then got restated by two people in response to his post.

Sometimes it seems we just go in circles...

9. vyrush

vyrush Registered

10. Bty

Bty Registered

11. Mickwolfy

Mickwolfy Registered

Can't wait...I hope today is the release day...

12. Slothman

Slothman Registered

And other times we are racing NASCAR.....wwwaaaaiiiit a minute :p

13. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Damn! I was about to post that image;)

14. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

so it's basically renamed from "Beta" to "Test version", in order to avoid random customers who pretend to buy the full game while it is still a beta if I got this right.

Smart move, title is always important. Hope we'll get our hands on rF2 as soon as possible :D

15. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

We are currently putting together a Modders test version of rFactor 2. The intent of this release is to receive feedback on the new modding process. At the same time we are testing the purchase system and online accounts.

If you are uneasy about purchasing a product without first being able to try it, wait until a demo is available.
    "without first being able to try it" ? Maybe I'm a bit stupid or too anxious to get my hands on RF2 but this sounds like we won't be able to play immediately when the Test version is coming? (it also says that it is a modders test version to test the modding & the online purchase...). For me the wording is a bit strange...

16. Alex Ball

Alex Ball Registered

I think you've mis-read it. With the beta, you download. PAY. Then you can play.

17. Felipe

Felipe Registered

can we start testing this thing? Enough of building hype and giving exclusive content to this and that site I think ISI is starting to milk the beta release with this nonsense.

18. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Alex, right... I'm definitely too anxious...

19. FIG_JAM

FIG_JAM Registered

been racing sims over 10 years , rf1 the day it came out ... i know what ill be getting from isi .... my cash will be in there acount soon i download it and run it to the payment screen ;)

20. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

Guys demo will come with full release.
    Test version, mod version etc = THE beta same thing different name pay now and get early access and it will be updated to the full version at release time.