Modding Downloads

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 88mphTim, Jan 9, 2012.

1. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Thank you very much for the driver model, this is one major item off my list of things to create for my current mod.

2. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

yes, important file for us i think.

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Oh great, I will get it to continue to test rF2 modding part.

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Ahaa thank you. It did not work to right click either, firefox just have option "save link as". But with explorer it worked fine. Strange that firefox could download certain 7z files but not this one.

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Save link as would be the appropriate choice to make when you try to download the file by right clicking. Give it a try and see what happens. :)

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

It saves a text-file with the link, lol :p

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

updates or new tutorial files?

8. Radar

Radar Registered

Not that I will be modding cars any time soon, but will the driver model be able to not just move with the wheel, but change gears ? is that at all possible ????

9. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

fairly certain that any animation you wish to make is possible.

10. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Is there a driver template that can be used with this model? Thanks in advance.

Also thank you Kristoff, I ran into your template for smoothing you did in January and it is really informative.

11. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I haven't opened the driver yet to check for myself--can anybody tell me, though, what his height is? I'm hoping he's the average F1 pilot height of 1.7-1.75m range (?).

12. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Around 1.76m...and maybe he's a bit too stout for some cockpits, but for me the problem is the main model, especially for armpit and shoulders. When you put the biped in the driving position you can get a lot of messed up vertices under those areas...:/

13. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Hey Kristoff, I've been hoping you would come up with a solution, hehe, being someone from my home State and all (Mid-Missouri native myself). Just to put a bug in your ear, do you have access to 4 Kinects (and a whole lot of extention wire or what and that all + the free iPi Recorder application and DAZ Studio). I saw somewhere on YouTube a video of someone using 4 Kinects to capture movement inside a pretty fair size room/shop, and thought, wouldn't it be great if a group of friends got together for a weekend and did an animation of a pitcrew. If you have access to just 2 kinects, a person could make a simple animation of gear shifting possibly. Anyway, I've been kinda hoping it would be you? Have you still been experimenting with DAZ Studio anymore?

Scott

14. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

I have another download-package request. It would be very nice if you would make a new package with all the gmotor tools and plugins you need for rf2 modding and provide it here.

Would that be possible?
    Thanks

Edit: just found them by incindent in the support\tools folder. So you already gave me all I wanted^^

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  15. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

I have a question about car modding documentations, when we will get more complete explanation about HDV, PM, TGM, engine and damage files? Perfect would be with examples, I mean we have some dampers chart with values and how to read it and translate to rF2 etc ;)

16. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

If you have a damper's dyno sheet and have issues translating that into a usable format, break off and post a separate topic. I will do my best to help.

17. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

That was just a example what I have on mind :)

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

In the car_modding_workflow guide I don't understand wich filenames I have to replace in test_car/teams folder? It just say "open teams folder and do the same". That would mean "replace rtrainer part in all filenames". No problem in the main directory, but in teams folder there is only 3 filenames to replace:

rtrainer_01.dds
    rtrainer_01DRIVER.dds
    rtrainer_02.dds

BUT later in the guide it want me to open the "test_car.veh". Well it doesnt exist, because they didn't told me to rename the veh-file. It's still called "rter_01.veh". I thought I was only going to replace rtrainer part, not "rter" too. Wich files do I really have to rename? It's just confusing.

And, I don't understand the "just keep #1 files" that I'm supposed to do in teams-folder either. Should I delete all files that includes "02"?

19. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

It seems the car modding guide was hastily put together, and requires a bit of playing around and tinkering to get things right.

Yes you rename the rter stuff aswell. And yes delete the _02 stuff to make things easier for now.

20. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Does anyone know where I can find the templates for the cars so I can repaint them?