Modding Downloads

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 88mphTim, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Why don't you post this screenshot at Facebook or send it to virtualR :p, it might silence the pCars-fans a bit ;)

2. chogger

chogger Registered

I'm trying to convert some cars from rfactor 1 but i have big problems with the materials. Is there some more info about the materials than i can find in these pdfs here?

3. marcatore

marcatore Registered

Under the little flaps it seems there is something similar to ambient occlusion.

Has this effects achieved with a baked map or is coming from something similar to an ambient occlusion shader??

Thanks in advance.

4. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

A question about the Packages and Updates folders: Is it necessary to maintain the download files within these folders after they are installed for the game to run and/or to uninstall mods? I look at the extensive collection I have of rF1 mods and I'm wondering if I might prefer to organize update and mod downloads and especially vmods, in a separate place once the catalogue of available rF2 content expands.

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

No, you can remove the rfmods and components after you've installed them.

EDIT: Same with the updates.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No it isn't the FISI 2011, it's another car we are working on.

7. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Interesting :)
    When I give it a better look, it looks like current GP2, but is not exactly the same.
    The flaps on the front wing are different, the connection between nose and front wing are different, etc.

8. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Formula Two perhaps, then?

9. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

That's good to know. I am not sure how user friendly the GUI for picking cars and tracks will be with a massive load of mods/vmods installed. It is pretty and all and it does make it easy to visually identify what car/skin or track layout you are choosing, especially when modders get inventive[ /I] with mod naming. Managing an inventory of mods/vmods outside the game or the Mod Manager app with Windows Explorer may be more akin to the lists we see in rF1 and might be an alternate solution for admins and players. In other words, install cars and tracks you play most often and uninstall what you rarely play. With rF1, I often keep tracks in more descriptive folders outside the game locations folder and just drop a track's folder in when I want it. Vehicle and series modes are another matter in rF1 but the ease with which you can uninstall a mod from rF2 makes this a much less involved task than with most in rF1 and a real consideration for managing content.

10. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

The UI is totally moddable and I doubt it's the finished version anyway. Even if it is, it won't be long until someone comes up with one that works better.

11. chogger

chogger Registered

Is it correct, that this example is not using the realroad feature?

12. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

The Joesville section that was upload was made from the track that is included in ModDev mode, so it really should be making use of RealRoad :) .

13. chogger

chogger Registered

Nevermind, i'm getting old ;)

14. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

:eek:
    Yeah Daz 3d free is cool, applies to Bryce 7 and Hexagon too, (backgrounds and 3d modelling).
    Metinx your Dazman needs to "grow a pair" if he's gonna be F1-ing 60's style.
    Not to mention no gear lever LMAO.
    Maybe thats one for anims? as your driver gets more experience, they get's bigger hehehe.
    Come to think of it, its a sensitive new age, (well we beta testers are anyway)
    so forget the gear lever & pair, give him ^^ lol some top heavy stuff.
    It's a racing sim so there could be:
    Heavy - soft
    Heavy - Medium
    Heavy - hard
    That should do :D

15. BMWPower

BMWPower Registered

Hello everyone. Where do I download more cars and tracks from? I have only the mods I downloaded off this website. Thanks :)

16. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Try "Mod announcements/testing" section of this forum. There is many (mostly beta stage) tracks and cars available.

As rF2 itself is in beta stage, most of new (non ISI) content won't be ready until rF2 reach Gold stage.

Cheers!

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hi, there's several files that I can't download. The "Tutorial_complete_car_files.7z" for example. When I click on it, I just get a window with strange letters. Why? Some of the other 7z files are downloadable.

18. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

try right clicking on the link and then selecting save target as.

19. 88mphTim

Added driver model to first post.

20. 88mphTim

You get that when your browser doesn't have the default file handling. It's trying to 'read' the zip file, rather than download it. Right click and select save as when this happens to you.

1 person likes this.