Damage system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rayo_McQueen, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Rayo_McQueen

Rayo_McQueen Registered

Here I am again with my other question :).

It is about the damage system. I center my question about Formula 1 or "open wheelers" in general, because that is my specialty :cool:.

Okay, my first question is about damage to the wheels and suspensions. In the current Formula 1 is not usual to see flying a wheel or a suspesiĆ³n (except a massive crash, like Kubica in Montreal 2007), because there is a system to hold the wheel. In rfactor, when I collide with a wall (for example), my wheel and my suspension, they generally fly, but in the real life, the wheels are usually hooked to the chassis.

Is it possible to make that it happens a thing or another in function of the violence of the crash?

Another question. In rFactor, the front wing has only two possibilities (visually), or is intact or you lose. Is it possible to do small damage affecting the aerodynamics and which are also visible?. It is also possible that when it breaks do it in several pieces (are not integer after a crash)?.

Thanks and, again, sorry if my English is not completely good, I make what I can .:)

2. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

great question :)

3. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

It will seems to me all damages to look like, It is included and switched off. That is degree of blow or a damage rate won't be.

4. Malik

Malik Registered

I agree with Rayo in terms of damage....i would also like to see more realistic damage by having many more small pieces break and fly off of cars (mainly open wheelers) with RF1 you only usually had a front wing, bumper or wheel fly off. And if you really want to get deep you can have some of thoes small pieces potentially cause a puncture if ran over. You could make the "potential puncture" into a slider of possibility if ran over directly. That event could cause full course yellows in ovals of course....but also in roadies. OR just have the flying debris with no possibility of puncture ...I just love seeing flying parts!

5. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

It does definitely add to the immersion effect seeing bits and pieces flying. It also makes you respect your car and the circuit boundaries/obstacles more knowing that you can break your car even only lightly if you get it wrong.

6. coolmike

coolmike Registered

I wonder if making wheel to wheel contact with these new tire models and physics is going to make for cars sometimes being launched into the air just like real life.....would definatley add to the realism.:p

7. Bouillabaise

Bouillabaise Registered

I up this thread because i think it's a really good question.
    By the way I hope the collision system is at least as good as Rf1, but now we want more visual effects.
    Sorry for my english. Good luck from France Isi !

8. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

+1 to this thread. Would love some response from ISI, even if better damage is an update plan for the future.

9. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

It was said by isi that the damage will be worked on at a later date richie

10. navorsky

navorsky Registered

due to the importance of this questions. UP Thread!

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yes, list of damage improvements comparing to rf1 would be very useful.

If we talk about F1, as far as I know, wheels do not collide with other cars in rf1. It force modders to add additional invisible model to for collision. But when a car lost a wheel, it still colliding by area where wheel has been existing a moment ago.
    Colliding by objects which are changing position (wheel left-right turn) would be also fine.

12. driftlegende94

driftlegende94 Registered

i hope that the damage is as it was in grand prix 4 with more debris.

for example :
    in gp4 you could loose the frontwing without the nose but you could also loose them together ( the frontwing is still attached to the nose)
    in rf 1 and 2 the problem is, that if you loose the nose mostly the frontwing is still connected to the car by a transparent "something"

i hope they are able to fix this

ps: sry for bad english i hope you are able to understand this