Jon Denton drives Monaco

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jan 7, 2012.

1. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've never understood why guys wear gloves. lol.

There is a picture of a circuit on the top of the page on vodka diaries. Does anybody know what circuit that is?

2. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Jon Denton drives Spa........................wait, look better. It's Monaco. That's why i just now see this new video, although i all day uncontrollably visit the forum. LoooooooL :)

About video. I have do not much to say, except that video increases my heartbeat, yum yum yum.

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I don't like it at all. I mean, how dare they put such video....only in 480p?! :p Me want at least 720p! :D
    Seriously, another great video! But yeah, better quality would be nice :)

4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Montreal it is...

Would also love to see that video in 720p or on vimeo or something else with a good quality output.

5. Marius Nicolae

Marius Nicolae Registered

more nice will be to have tomorow the beta version instead next video with 720p :)

6. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Is it me, or do the mirrors look wrong??? When I look in that mirrors, I got the feeling that they are set up very much to the side of the car, instead of showing what is behind..... I don't know if that is like it was with that car or something, but atm it just looks wrong to me ;)

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

He probably didn't bother adjusting them seeing as he was the only one on track.

8. Martin Keets

Martin Keets Registered

He was also wearing a crash helmet and full racing overalls and got his missus to stand in front of him during the loading screen whilst dressed as a pit girl and holding a placard bearing his name.

Disclaimer: None of the above may actually be true :D Thanks for the video Jon.

9. seancleric

seancleric Registered

I think the placard is taking it to far... ;) cant wait to drive this :cool:

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

thanks Flaux!

11. Jon Denton

Jon Denton Registered

The fireproof underwear really itches after a while. ;)

The gloves are for the video, I mainly use them in real racing, but I thought I would give you all something to talk about (They were in the Spa video too, no one seemed to notice).

12. shum94

shum94 Registered

Let them mock you, they arent real simracers. I use my work out gloves as well. If your hands arent sweating after hotlapping then i'm curious to see how they lap after one hour.

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Don't worry guys. Shum is just wayyy tooo serious. He might have a permanent frown. :)

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Try running a 3 hour stint with a suede wheel without gloves. It will rip you hands to shreds.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

that maybe true if your hands are soft like a ladies silk blouse ;)

16. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Well, having suede steering wheel is not because it looks more cool. There is a reason for that... and having racing gloves with inner section made of suede is also not without a reason. You want one, then you have to have both. Otherwise, stay with standard wheel :)

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've done 2.4hr road races and 500 mile oval races and have had no problems without gloves. I use a gt3 rs fanatec. I'm not a death gripper though. Maybe that has something to do with it.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Me too, CDN. No white knuckles here and I don't have issues. :) I do have a callus on my paddle finger though, have had it for years.

19. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

To be fair to those who do drive with gloves; most of us(who are adults) are spending a substantial amount of money and effort for a "game." That being said, to poke fun at someone for wearing gloves seems kind of silly. No I don't wear gloves and yes I do make my wife refer to rFactor as a sim, not a game. :)

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

"Wrong way" is still there :( I hope we can turn it off. There is no need for this. Its annoying when I need to roll back 20 meters in practice after some mistake in rF1 and get DQ! And I know for sure what way all tracks go, I don`t need to be reminded.