paying money over time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snooops, Jan 5, 2012.

1. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

I was cutting the cost of "the game itself" and just trying to guess :D

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hehe oh yeah!

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

No developer out there is creating new gaming engines every year, so I'm fully in favor of ISI maximizing the efficiency of theirs while bringing updated, optimized content over the lifespan of the title. The few dollars per year to keep developing the thing are well worth it. I'd say mod it until there is no more to extract. Rfactor2 should be capable of another six years of ISI driven updates. There's no need for Rfactor3,4 etc.. not at least until the engine can't give anymore. It would just be silly marketing to keep releasing it just for the sake of a name-change. GPL did just fine...and is still sought after...with no name change. If it's good, it'll sell forever...especially if it keeps getting updated. Heck! Game Stock Car showed us that years on and hundreds of mods later, the original engine still had not been fully optimized. That title was only just released a few months ago and it immediately gathered a huge following...just because it was optimized and refreshed.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As Gjon always says, the world still has gravity and a clock, why change code which works and can't be improved upon for some things? All you need to do is improve it where you can, which is what ISI have been doing for 20 years. Was rF1 the same as SCGT? No. :)

5. blanes

blanes Registered

Hey Tim this is the question some of us have in another thread.

If normal/basic license is purchased now, can that later be upgraded to the Lifetime membership ?

e.g. Normal license in Australian $$$ is 42.99 and Lifetime is 82.99 difference of $40. So if today I purchased the normal license for $42.99 and then in say 6 or 8 months time I decided I really want to upgrade to the Lifetime license, can I just pay the $40 difference and get my Normal or basic license upgraded straight to a Lifetime license ?

This is the question a few of us are asking but there is currently no stated policy by ISI.

cheers :)

6. knightyc

knightyc Registered

Would like to know also