paying money over time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snooops, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Snooops

Snooops Registered

Hey folks,
    is it true that we need to pay money over year or month to use rfactor like most mmorpg's???
    I hope not! I dont see the content that could be delivered to such a game to explain such a payment concept. I definitly wont pay money over time for a racing game. i believe the small (in compare with other genre's) sim racing community would be more smaller with this payment method.
    greetings,
    snooops

2. Grubby

Grubby Registered

3. Snooops

Snooops Registered

Ah yes, thanks :)
    12 bugs per year... i see the sence at the online services, but i believe most users dont. Because they dont know what it takes to offer such a service. But is it only able to play at mulitplayer with the online services? Or is it just for the "offical" way? What about LAN Games? Are they possible without Online Services?

4. Grubby

Grubby Registered

You must have a online subscription to play any multiplayer, this includes Lan.

5. Tony H

Tony H Banned

'yawn'

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Not if you do not want to. You can pay a higher amount for a lifetime one-time purchase.

7. cbunsold

cbunsold Registered

Just love threads like this! Can't wait to see the threads after beta released! The grass was greener at spa in 1966 i was there please isi change it. Why cant i be as fast at monaco in rf2 as i was in rf1

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Hah hah hah! I believe that fence on the third corner was blue rather than red also :rolleyes:

9. knightyc

knightyc Registered

Tim has the lifetime price been announced yet and ive missed it? Or is it still to be announced once the betas out?

10. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Can someone from ISI confirm if can, which payment method will be definitely there? Thanks.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Both. A larger lifetime and a smaller 1 year (18mo during beta) with price updates each year. The lifetime price I haven't got confirmation I can release to you yet.

12. STRZ

STRZ Registered

Is the lifetime purchase valid for RF3, Rf4 etc. or only valid for RF2? :D

13. Grubby

Grubby Registered

you are buying rF2 so it would be the lifetime of rF2.

14. Tony H

Tony H Banned

if it costs too much, it might not be worth it for some strz, im 35 & i reckon by the time they get rF3 out i will probly have just gotten my 1st pension cheque.......oh **** thats right, im born after 1970, in Australia this means we wont ever get a pension......so scrub that, lets just say 65yo

15. STRZ

STRZ Registered

I'm 31 dude.. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwTGGHaCHAE

scnr ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
  16. ethone

ethone Registered

Well yeah, it's obviously going to involve an economical decision about saving amount X if paying B+Y now over paying B+Y+X when you re-subscribe each year. It also means you would have to make an educated guess on how long you're likely (want) to be using the online part of the sim. If you think you're only going to use it for a year or two the lifetime membership might not be the financially superior option.

And you thought the waiting on hot coals was the bad part about the release! ;)

17. Snooops

Snooops Registered

Allright thanks for all the information :)

But i have to say that this is to much for my personal hobby. i just play 1 or 2 times a week for each max 2 hours, so its to much for me :)

And specially the online mode is the only interesting at sim racing for me. So i dont gonna buy it :(

Thx mates.
    Bye

18. STRZ

STRZ Registered

It's a tough decision, seriously. The things you can afford now are maybe not affordable anymore in the near future depending of the worth of money and how economy get out of this debt mess. Winter is coming my friend...

19. ethone

ethone Registered

You'll probably laugh but there's research (mostly from experimental economists) on the spending-now-or-saving-for-later issue. Wikipedia has an entry-level article about the concept here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_preference

20. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

well it depends on the price, gentlemen...

if it's something like $60 (€45-50) it may be well worth the purchase... if it's more than $75-80 maybe I'll go on a per year basis.

We can hope on some kind of discounts for beta-testers? :D