Do I need to keep this weekend free?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jajp999, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Oh, I thought you were refering to Bathurst. Even then, a 2:10 would be pretty phenominal. But if you do do it, record it with a helmet or dash cam, and I will certainly believe it.

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

3. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

Yep, that's about right.
    Simonsen in the GT3 Ferrari 458 did 4 laps in a row around the hill in under 2:05 and the car came out of the box 3 days before.

4. Davevg

Davevg Registered

Well said I like it. To each their own. If you don't like a particular series you don't like that’s pretty simple or maybe not.

5. Davevg

Davevg Registered

Back on track boys where is Tim

6. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

A top line sports sedan will crack a 2:00 EASILY.
    I'm running a production modified against some wicked tuned Skylines and EVO's.
    I don't have the same rules as them and can tune the car for the track. I know already that I am faster than a soupcan up the hill and down the hill but I don't have the speed after leaving the launch down the hill.

It's amazing how having a car car 400KG lighter improves your corner speed and braking.
    Like an Elise with 100Kg taken off and 150Kw added on. Balance is the issue but we're getting that under control.

I've been racing in the real world for 30 years, don't pretend that you know something because you drive a sim or read it on the internet, put your arse in the seat and your dollars on the line. (about $20,000 is entry level from my experience)
    Petty a-----holes compaining about the cost of this software, I'd throw them out of my shop (and I do)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  7. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Wait, so because this beast of a car:

[​IMG]

Beat a V8 supercar by a second or two, that makes V8 supercars turds? Pieces of crap? Considering a V8 supercar is supposed to be a heavy, tanked out beast of a car, fully of power and ferocity, it's lap times are extremely commendable.

8. ROON

ROON Registered

He's at ISI HQ trying to remember which button launches the beta!

View attachment 367

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I love V8Supercars, I love NASCAR (so much so I'm even going to Daytona this year!), I love the BTCC, I love Rfactor2, thats all I care about!

10. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

LOL. So let me get this straight. An F1 car lapped the circuit in 1:48.

A Ferrari 458 GT3 set the lap record with a 2:04.

And you think a sports sedan can "EASILY" beat 2:00?

LOL.

11. ROON

ROON Registered

Aye. Former series Champion James Courtney once described a V8 Supercar as "probably the worst race car you could build", that they're heavy, sluggish, with little grip and low-tech, but that they're amazing fun to drive. That's the thing about the V8SC series, the cars aren't designed to be like DMT's, or push the limits of technology; they're designed to entertain, and given the massive audience that the series has captured I'll wager that they're entertaining well. I've never seen anyone involved in the V8SC series claim that the cars are the best of their class in the world, or that they're high tech. It's all about the show, putting on a good spectacle for spectators.

12. blanes

blanes Registered

Having read all his posts now I have to concede that this person "Brycevr" is either deliberately trolling or suffers some mental illness/retardation and is subsequently delusional.

Either way his ridiculous assertions are neither funny nor entertaining due to the insulting tone of them. Strange comments posted in a place where almost 100% of us are keen motorsports enthusiasts.

It is unfortunate that people like that come along and ruin the happy nature of forums such as this :( but I guess also inevitable.

13. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

@100mph

Great post mate, spot on. I was actually laughing when I read that!

:D

14. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

No it's not.
    Primitive pushrod engines and spaceframe chassis were rendered redundant in the 60's.
    Turn left, turn left, accelerate, turn left, turn left...........Repeat 200 times.
    That is not racing.
    I race dirt speedway on occasion and love the float etc but it's not real racing. (Midget sprints)
    Foot to the floor, lift, feather, slam, repeat.
    The other guy is the only issue. No skill except avoiding him and driving clean.

15. ROON

ROON Registered

Yeah, agreed. And well said. +rep

16. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

Yep commendable, That's about it. For the 1000 that's about 3 laps. for the race. Actually it is probably 4-5 seconds quicker for the duration of the race so it makes Brockies win look lame.

17. blaknift

blaknift Registered

Race: 1.A competition between runners, horses, vehicles, boats, etc., to see which is the fastest in covering a set course.
    It is racing, Take your Negativity and false sence of superiority elsewhere. This is a thread for people joking about while waiting for a release. Not to listen to someones opinionated comments about whats racing and what isnt.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

LOL so you've driven a Sprint Cup Car have you? as easy as that is it? if so they why aint we all NASCAR drivers earning millions of dollars a year?!

Your constant berating of formula you dont like is making you look a tad silly mate, quit now i'd say!

19. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

Enthusiasts that have never raced a car nor put their money into a motorsport venture.

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yes it is (and it should be obvious for you, a guy with 30 years of motorsport experience, that I'm not talking about technical specification of those cars engine, because it's not about that... and yes, they have that suspension for a reason)... it's just maybe you didn't get yet to the point to understand it. But that's not NASCAR's fault ;)
    From time to time there are drivers coming to NASCAR who thinks it's just about driving like you said... and they end up pretty fast at the very end of the pace, beeing lapped over and over and over... but well, what do I know, right? I'm just a simracer with just a few hours of amateur go-cart driving :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.