CST F1 3 Pedal Set Review

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by SKeijmel, Jan 3, 2012.

1. SKeijmel

SKeijmel Registered

Here is my Review

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You crack me up buddy. lol.

For the $600 or $800 I would expect an excellent pedal set and without a doubt they are. One of the few products hand made in the usa nowadays.

3. STRZ

STRZ Registered

How much did you pay in € incl. the import to europe Skeijmel?

Somebody i know paid 1300€ ( 1750$ ) for the F1.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
  4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

What is funny about this review? Did I miss something? I thought he did a really good job. I got a chance to drive some CST's once at the Petite Le Mans and man what a difference. One of these days I am going to drop the money on some of these. They really are night and day.

I am currently running the G25/27 pedals with a modified brake with 60kg load cell connected to a 12bit Leo controller. I have to press hard as crap (they are hard mounted) to get full brake. I am getting 2183steps of resolution after calibrating mine. I rarely have to recalibrate. I have heard the club sports need recalibrating all the time. So my setup isn't bad at all. It was a massive improvement over the stock G25/27 pedals. Even then I was still blown away by the CSTs.

I bought the DIY plans from Todd but never actually built them. I need to get off my but and try to build my own. $675 USD is a little steep for me.

Thanks for this review!

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

They are very expensive pedals. Expensive in relative terms because they are just sim racing pedals. I find it funny because I knew it was going to be a good review even before watching. Do you know this kid Noel? He complains about everything that is fanatec. Now I dont' mean just saying he doens't like fanatec but I remember he would troll every fanatec thread and tell people how horrible their stuff was just to get them to spend 800 dollars on pedals instead. Telling people that you need to spend 800 dollars on pedals is what keeps people out of sim racing not get them into it.

But yeah you keep telling people they need 800 dollar pedals to enjoy sim racing or to be fast and see how many newcomers you get. I would bet this kids parents bought these pedals for him. :rolleyes: Maybe someone else will bow down to the al'mighty noel today. It won't be me.

So in review he is only saying don't buy 200 dollar pedals because 800 dollar pedals are better. That is what is so funny! Chill out dude

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Wow, didn't know I was the almighty Noel. Thanks for the complement! :)

BTW, why would you get the impression I was trying to get you to back down? Back down to what? I must be confused.

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

8. SKeijmel

SKeijmel Registered

i paid 1300+ dollar's for this set! but they are worth it well!
    even if you wanna sell them you can sell them for the same price since there is a big waithing list on it hehe :p

i am not a fanatec hater !(just very dissapointed about my CSP Pedals), i will get a Club Sport Wheel with the two rims Forumla and bmw wheel from fanatec to test and make a good fair review of it!

its true i have had bad experience with my csp pedals, yes they constantly lost calibration i have had every part replaced under warrentee and still wasnt perfect. so i sold them and got this.

------------------

So in review he is only saying don't buy 200 dollar pedals because 800 dollar pedals are better. That is what is so funny! Chill out dude

And thats totaly not where the review its about, its purely about the CST pedals showing everything of it in detail and giving good info. its not my fault these csp pedals are so unrelaiable. everybody should make up their own mind how much they wanna spend and what their priorety's are.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
  9. shum94

shum94 Registered

I'm gona come at your place lol so many toys to play with.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

has anyone ever had the chance to compare these to the frex pedals? They use a small actual hydaurlic cylinder so its supposed to be even more like a real car.......