Bumps on the tracks. Make your Track alive :-)

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Niksounds, Jan 3, 2012.

1. elwood

elwood Registered

100% agree. I forget to mention that erratic behaviours happened on standard tdf values. Sometimes i feel the lack of an insert in the hdv, a coefficient to trim this effects, but on rF.
    From a point of view of a coder, it's not so easy to simulate those effects and the forces involved, not to mention the tire deformation and the contact patch. A mess. :D
    A F1 is perfect, low pressures, high downforces, incredible cornering and braking capabilities.
    I remember some stunning slomo of the 2011 season at Montecarlo and at famous Turn 8 at Istanbul. Sidewall deforming, the rim almost touching the ground (was a Red Bull), the tire literally squeezed under the loads. Pressure, construction, heat, the compounds, grip, wear... all those properties to mix. It's a REAL challenge for a coder.

2. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

You need to find that video and show it to all the guys saying that the tyres in ISI's demo video were compressing way too much to be realistic. =)

3. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

4. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

heres a good clip

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

@Jim: They've already used that to make the point that there isn't so much vertical deformation with F1 tyres, it's mainly lateral deformation.