Jon Denton drives Spa and talks about rF2 open beta...

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DeDios

DeDios Registered

hahahaha :D Diablo 2 FTW!

2. the_last_name_left

the_last_name_left Registered

Nice. I made a similar thing in Second Life and it's great to enhance atmosphere.

Hopefully those damn "airguns" won't takeover everything like they had a tendency to do in rF1. Why was that, anyway?

Whilst we're on the topic, is there anything you can tell us about other improvements in the sounds, specifically if the engine sound system has been changed or tweaked in any significant form - or is it essentially the same as in rF1?

3. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

I don't know what is happen when you hit the cow, but is well known what is happen when you miss her by inch. :)

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@the_last_name_left
    I think it's name was not "airgun" but something related with ambient sounds. Original file is in mp3 format and that airgun "ambient" have the same name but it is as wave file, so rF probably takes wave as a higher priority file than mp3 (or vice versa) so we were having working airgun everywhere, where we should hear proper ambinet sounds (those from original mp3 file) :)

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I had great fun placing ambient sounds in Unreal levels, random screams and howling winds always made DM or CTF maps feel more Alive!

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Interesting interview with Kunos. He said he was "close" to working with ISI. Too bad that didn't happen. He would have been a great addition to the team in my opinion.

Jon should do a interview with Gjon. I'm curious if Gjon sim races or is a gamer at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
  7. DeDios

DeDios Registered

+1
    Anyway i'm curious to see his Assetto Corsa. Looking preview shots looks stunning and reading VirtualR article can be a great sim.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I don't really know how much Gjon drives, but it's certainly enough for him to be 'respectable' on the race track in multiplayer.

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Or at least you'll try...

10. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Wow, AutoSimSport, my favorite "magazine" is alive again! Yay! *tears of joy* Been waiting for months! Thanks guys! :D