rFactor 2 Slo-mo promo

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Dec 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm having a hugely entertaining time right now reading all the posts which make it sound like having a good tire model is a bad thing.

It's not like tires are the thing connecting the car to the race track, and their model is important in any way in how the simulation as a whole feels, or anything important like that, is it? The Youtube comments especially have been a good laugh. :)

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Agree.
    I always thought tyres were just something you gave a quick kick to see if a car is any good.:p

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

:D

When sims had "concrete" or "wooden block" like tyres, people were complaining... Sims are constantly evolving and now, when we are getting more towards rubber-ish (rubb-ish? ;-) ) tyres, guess what! People still complain! :D

But maybe it's a good moment to say, whether that underinflation we see on the video, was on purpose or not :)

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I guess I'll take my foot out of my mouth for the comments that I made. I was wrong no doubt about it. Sorry Tim. But I think I made myself look more like an ass than I did you. :p

I do have to say though if you don't like how the tire flexes and really want to moan about how rFactor2 looks then you should probably go and join the clown show over at virtualr and say how it looks like junk, cartoons etc. Then do your part and not purchase the new sim. Seriously. Any negative comments this close to release isn't going to do crap. If you don't like how things look then start modding or don't buy the beta and move on to something else.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  5. 88mphTim

People will always moan and whinge though. I answer it until I'm done with doing it. :) Then I just read and smile.

6. MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse Registered

I'd say ISI is actually doing a decent job with public relations. Many developers don't say anything for months, or even years. For example, another game I'm following hasn't had a single developer update since February.
    As for those freaking out about the release date, it's been 6 1/2 years since rFactor 1 was released, what's another few weeks, or even months? I want to get my hands on it as much as anybody, but I'm perfectly willing to wait for quality.

7. 88mphTim

I'm waiting for Elite 4. I definitely know how that feels, MM. :)

8. McToth

McToth Registered

Last news of Elite IV:

Have a nice day! :p

Sorry for the desviation post and merry christmas to everyone!!

We'll see you on the track!!

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well I hope it's more Frontier and less First Encounters ;)

(and some people here keep pushing for an rF2 release date... I envy their apparent ignorance of what happens when a game is released on time at the cost of completeness...)

10. 88mphTim

hehe, yeah. Although there are some very good FFE mods now which make it playable and fairly stable. And that's really a good point... FFE was a beta, released as a final product.

And also I feel some are forgetting rF2's open beta will be a beta. I feel we're going to have to list a number of bad things about beta software so people truly know what beta software can be... It's not going to be a final product, some things will be disabled, other things might work great one week, not to well the next, and you always have the risk of a catastrophic bug ruining your races...

11. MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC Registered

will slo-mo replays be built in ?

12. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

I'm with you there Tim, I get the feeling that some people, judging by some of the replies, are forgetting this is a BETA release.

13. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

This is not so bad idea ;)

14. 88mphTim

There's been some input to it, but you can still see the low fidelity (looks like skipping) in this video, and that needs to be increased before it'll look it's best. There's also a few pieces still to be hooked up (some suspension parts, etc - some things simulated physically, may not yet be visibly shown).

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Is there going to be a public bug tracker? Without knowing what is and isnt enabled, there's going to be a lot of posts/reports of bugs where there arent bugs, but for us it would probably be a good reference so we dont end up bombarding ISI with reports of bugs that arent..... bugs :p

16. 88mphTim

Well the beta is being released to check the mod ID and mod updating systems, and to make sure mod groups get used to them. It's not that we don't expect bug reports, but they are not the initial priority. There isn't a bug reporting forum. :) If you're getting into the beta, you're accepting it as-is initially.

17. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

If we are accepting it "as-is" can we really call it a beta? :p

18. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

LOL. This forum is going to be filled with "this game sucks" "ISI ripped me off" posts 30 minutes after the release. :p

I'm getting the beta but I don't necessarily agree with ISI's plan post beta release. This is exactly what Kunos did with his last beta release. It works fine for him since nobody owns netkar or cares but ISI has a few more customers who will probably scream bloody murder when they find something they feel isn't right.

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

It's in beta state, so yes - you can cal it beta :)

20. slow_duck

slow_duck Registered

ISI do a great job, i think it's more than a beta at this state.