A packaging overview & tutorial video...

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Michael Juliano, Dec 23, 2011.

1. f1ligue

f1ligue Registered

I do not understand ... I followed the tutorial to the letter and ask if I want to install the mod it asks me to install the components if I can not click install

1/ create .mas (OK)
    2/ create .components (OK)
    3/ create .rfmod (OK)

Now my. Rfmod contains my car and its data.
    I put the mod into packages, and launches the application manager to install it but I can not because it asks me to install the components ....

Why it does not work?

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

soooo.... how'd you go Scott? :rolleyes:

3. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Yeah, we'll want to release everything all at once. Gonna have to ask you all to stand by for the upcoming beta update...

4. les

les Registered

ok i created the mas files for a track to test i put those mas files outside of rf2 directory in its own directory. i created a rfcmp file for the track it also created a installed directory in in a folder with the tools in it. it installed. so i have that file done for my track i just get confused as to what to do next i have watched the video and its still confusing anybody need some help here

5. dv8r

dv8r Registered

Anyone got an info as to why a mod wont validate?

I can install all components individually, and ive basically copied the rfm from the trainer to force it to work ( except vehicle filter ) but it gets to 100% validating and either crashes the mod manager or more often just says 'unable to validate'.

6. dv8r

dv8r Registered

As it turns out, the mod had 2 different vehicles, both of which were utilising a particular mas file within their components. After duplicating the mas file, and adding them separately as different names to the vehicles, the mod installed correctly.

EG: i had a XXX_CMAPS in each component, by duplicating it and renaming to XXX_C1_CMAPS for component 1, and XXX_C2_CMAPS for component 2 everything worked as expected. One to watch out for.

7. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Since this is what a lot of people seem to want, and considering that you guys had that in mind almost 14 months ago, will it become reality before the first public release?

8. Lemmy Caution

Lemmy Caution Registered

I have read a fair chunk of this thread, (and will go back through each page as time permits), but either I am dumb or missed it, are there a difinitive set of steps to:
    create what ever I need
    and what to upload to a server
    to run a race with one car mod and one track.

Shoot me down if I deserve it, or a link if I deserve that.

Keen newby to rFactor 2, with a server begging to be used and a league sweating on me getting it going. :)

9. Lemmy Caution

Lemmy Caution Registered

I found this earlier ,http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...icated-server-executable-without-the-launcher, but still not enough for newb, sorry.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You need to create a vmod and upload it to your server. The way the vmod component is created is explained in the video of this thread. Setting up the server I cannot help you since I never do that in my league. In any case it is more likely that somebody passes you the correct link for that, rather than you find it by yourself within this forum.

11. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Have you seen this one.(1:40 ish) a few minor things have changed since. The P is now a Box. you can install the vmod from the packager at the end

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  12. Lemmy Caution

Lemmy Caution Registered

Gracias SPASKIS, thanks I have seen the video, I will revisit it, I was unsure if this was for a local hosting only.

13. Steve Serpant

Steve Serpant Registered

I've followed this video to the word (I did change the mod name) and it still doesn't work for me. I can get as far as when she's made the mod and then go's into single player to install it, she finds her mod and install's it, now when I get to the same point my mods not in there to be installed, I've also checked mod manager and its not in there either how ever it does show as a file in packages. please if anyone can help show me where im going wrong would be great.

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You need to check the path where your package is being generated and place it manually where the rest of packages

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

15. Steve Serpant

Steve Serpant Registered

Hi SPASKIS, the package is sent to the rf2 packages folder the other path I can see go's to a mastemp file with a mas file for my mod is this the one I should place manually ? and im sure where to place it

16. speedster

speedster Registered

Hi Steve

I did a quick PDF tutorial for (v)mod packaging. Hope this helps to get started :)

cheers

17. Steve Serpant

Steve Serpant Registered

Hi speedster thanks for the help and a great pdf, I get as far as hitting the install button, after hitting package and it says

Mod Install Error

No mod manifest file found in mod file C:\Users\steve\Documents\rFactor2\Packages\SS Test Mod 3.rfmod

im given the option to ok, so I do and it then says mod installed so I ok that

but then I cant see the mod in mod manager or in single player

again thanks for all the help so far but im still lost as why it doesn't work ??

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I would suggest not to install from mas2.exe. just check that rfmod is created within the package folder. If not, find where it is created and place it with the rest of content packages. Open the launcher-mod-manager and install the vmod.

In which path is located the mas2.exe you are using? Fot uncompressing .mas files it does not make a difference but when used for packaging you need to watch out for the installation and package folders being used.

In some versions during the development several bugs have occurred. For example, at some time, when creating an update of a track or mod it would say that it needed the lower version component to create the update and would not pack it, although it was already installed. After that you executed mas2.exe again and it worked fine.

In previous version it did not allow me to use some mas files I have been using without problems when packaging a track. After renaming the problematic file it is selected back again without problems

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

19. Steve Serpant

Steve Serpant Registered

I have only tried to install from the mas2.exe because I cant see it in mod manager or single player, although after I package it in mas2.exe I can see the file has been made and is in my packages folder, along with the other one that someone else made for me (which I can see and install from mod manager and is also in sp) and all the stuff released by ISI (components)

and although I can see it in the packages folder, I cant see in mod manager to install it

again thanks loads for all the help, I've been going round in circles with this

20. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I have the old school vehicle package and sound package separatelly, in the new system you can put the sounds inside vehicle package, so:

How i do that?

Just put the sound mas file within the vehicle mas files in a vehicle package?

Is there any tutorial/explanation of this new system?