It's been a while...

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

Scott thank you for your clear words.
    We have HistorX-1.9 - Now you have all the time for a good RF 2 - Merry Christmas to you :)

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Thanks for the update Scott...

I hope you and the rest of the ISI team have a great xmas and new year! :)

3. hoover

hoover Registered

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thanks for this post Scott, you are a king to make in love sim racers on what the future of rF2 will be. Tim, make post like this one and you will have lot of fans, and less post to ask for nothing.

5. Russo997RSR

Russo997RSR Registered

Thankyou very much for the update Scott
    I would like to wish you and the entire ISI team a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

6. Nightrat

Nightrat Registered

Thx for the update.
    And I see it coming, the year 2012 will start great.
    :)

7. Andreas Pierer

Andreas Pierer Registered

+1

Greets,
    thedoctor

8. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

Nice info for modders

Nice info for modders.

I hope the docs are available with the beta.

great job ISI.

one Question,

we can only convert the circuits that have been made ​​in 3ds max? can import rf1 circuit to 3ds max?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
  9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Launch 3DS Max with rFactor 1 plugins and see for yourself if you can allready :)

10. Edgar Herrero

Edgar Herrero Registered

Thanks a lot! :D Great news!

11. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Happy holidays ISI!

Ever got the thought of doing remakes of the classics? Im talking ofcourse about Desert Speedway, Chatham, North Point and Sardian Park ? :eek:

12. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

We have LOTS of things planned, including some remakes (we're working on one right now as a matter of fact). Trust me--there will be LOTS of new content coming for a LONG time to come :)

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

Perhaps an over-optimistic question, but, if you have already done a large portion of the art for a *classic* Monaco then what are the chances of using some of that for a modern version? :)

14. Michael Juliano

From me? Slim to none for the foreseeable future :p Seriously, so much of Monaco has changed from 1966 (the version we made) 'til now that you could use really very little. You'd be better off using maybe the track surface as a reference point only and just building a modern version from scratch :). You could use some of the historic buildings that still remain as well--would save a BIT of work...

15. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Can't wait to race and not be penalized for someone tapping me or using a good legal racing line. although I'm a 100% I can't stand that system, actually lost complete interest in sim racing since that system was introduced. I hope rFactor2 re-ignites my sim racing interest, I'm confident it will.

16. shum94

shum94 Registered

Ehehe

One thing surely foolish in Iracing.

Anyway i don't know where to ask this but i'm gona do it here, on a french forum someone asked me if ffb would be different. I said yes, he asked about tires slip curv table too, there i don't know.

I remember Gjon talking about 400 hz and i'm sure it's a step up but i dont remember the detail of it. Someone from ISI can tell us how much rF had of hz and how rF2 is different in physics department.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
  17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I'm interested in the Dirt aspect. For both full off-road 4x4's and how normal race cars will react on grass/gravel when they go off-track.

BMW M1 Procars are still the best Dirt Racers in rF1 because of how unrealistic the dirt physics are.

18. Michael Juliano

Not really my department--I can't give you specifics as to hz and what-not. I can tell you that physics, collision, tire model and FFB have all had an overhaul (and not everything is implemented yet so it will continue to improve during the beta period and beyond). I can say that from a racer's point of view things feel a LOT more natural/realistic/better than in rF1. In fact, I can't drive rF1 anymore--just doesn't feel right now...

19. Michael Juliano

Dirt racing won't be released right away as we're still not happy with it yet. It will require a lot of specialized work that we haven't yet done. It is something we definitely aim to tackle though--there's a huge dirt-lovers crowd that we want to accommodate :)

20. DriverN1

DriverN1 Registered

i have just read rfactor2 q&a on racedepartment and this comment:"Reply EAKMotorsports about 15 hours ago at 4:40 pm How can we believe anything if the beta had been promised for 2011 will no longer come in 2011. How can we believe that this game get out of here one year or more if they themselves say not work with dates, then I suppose you mean the beta out in January 2012 will be that we will have the final six months from now?! Small detail so much bull**** promises and hopes in something and yet when you leave you will leave with a directx dated but not least (directx 6 years ago). If only I had the same option that we can find in the RF current (DirectX7, DirectX 8 or DirectX 9) but which has RF2 (directx9, directx 10 direct and 11) would be a big step. Finally 2012 will be a great year for virtual racing with various promises of various companies. After years of waiting and without 2012 simulator
    modena maybe have something promising."
    So it's grief but it's also true. Now you begin to promise 2012...and again we have only empty promise and not have release yet. big disappointment..and I don't believe you more