List your Top 3 most aniticipated RF2 Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Dec 19, 2011.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Heres a little thing to keep us busy for a day.....(sorry off work and bored!)

heres mine:

1) Improved AI - We all know the story of rF1s AI, not the best by far but when it did work it did work well enough (V8Factor being a prime example). This is one area I wanted ISI to put a bit of effort into for RF2 and by all accounts they have, racing offline Pick-Up races as though they are online is definatley a good thing for me as well as doing championships. As with rF1 I aim to fiddle and tweak all the settings of the AI and help improve (if needed) during the development course of RF2, as big as online racing is we should never forget the importance of decent AI.

2) Real Road Technology - I wont be afraid to admit I get a little arosued everytime I read something about this ;) Marbles on the track, dry lines....eeerrr other stuff! Its gonna be a step forward in sim racing as far as I'm concerned, not just for the Tech itself but for the way we drive, the way we overtake, the way we brake...and these could change every lap! Thats just plain exciting to me!

3) Mills Upgrade - I love the original, it was the first ever track I raced online with and when rF1 was initially released, I must've clocked up 1000 laps in a matter of days around that place! Screenshots of the new one look great and I cant wait to see whats been changed, added, removed even! Cant wait to get that Clio on two wheels again!

2. Crash

Crash Registered

1) Improved driver change (or hotswap) - I love the driver change featre in rF1 and doing long distance races with a driving partner is awesome fun.Working on car setup to suit both drivers, planning strategies, watching your partner drive while you rest, driving with the added pressure of your partner watching, it's all great fun and unique to rfactor!Unfortunately it's not 100% relieable in rF1 so I'm really looking forward to a more reliable one in rF2 with hopefully a re-join the race on disconnect ability.

2) Improved AI - I think back in 2005 the AI's in rf1 was probably pretty good, but yer Sims have come a long way since then and better AI's would be awesome including making practice for league racing more interesting, running AI's now is more frustrating since they don't really behave much like real drivers lol.

=3) Improved "out of the box" ffb - we can get rf1's ffb pretty good with things like ZeosPantera's Better FFB tutorial and using a combo of realfeel & leo.. but a good FFB straight out of the box and no need to fiddle around with plugins and settings to feel decent will be much better :)

=3) Licensed Historic cars - I think it's only really Historic F1 cars that are licensed?, but thats still pretty cool and I'm looking forward to driving em :)

Sorry, couldnt decide which one of my top 4 I should drop, so I have two = "3rd"'s lol :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
  3. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

1. improved FFB (together with improved physic modell)
    2. dynamic weather / Real Road
    3. improved graphics (sun glare, HDR, mirage effect, ...)

4. Slothman

Slothman Registered

1. Improved Tyre Model. From the released videos it looks like there will be a GOOD chance of a reasonable attempt at simulating a flat spot

2. Changeable Road Conditions - Real Road Technology

3. The prospect of joy from discovering how something works again and that sensation of being a kid again :)

5. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

1. dynamic weather and track surface conditions
    2. improved realism for endurance racing (damage/wear repairs, safety cars, vehicle extraction, driver changes, server rejoin etc etc)
    3. improved visual and aural immersion

6. thuGG

thuGG Registered

1. Tire model
    2. Weather and Live Track
    3. FFB

7. schuee

schuee Registered

1.Start up Screen
    2.Menu
    3.Credits

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

- Sun glare/heat haze
    - Dynamic weather
    - Some of the tracks ive seen in previews - Charlotte, Palm Beach, new Mills

10. Thomas_L

Thomas_L Registered

(1) driving: car physics, sound, ffb
    (2) environment: dynamic weather & track surface
    (3) fun: improved graphics

11. mianiak

mianiak Registered

1. All the new Features and toys available to modders.
    2. Real time reflection.
    3. Dynamic atmosphere

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

1. Tire Model
    2. Dynamic road
    3. *Improved admin features (API, server automation, ect)

* Wishful thinking

13. Kukuxumuxu

Kukuxumuxu Registered

1. Improved Tyre Model and Dinamic Weather.
    2. Solved problems about hotswaps.
    3. Hardcore Racing Mode xD. Without info when I'm driving. Only a possible cockpit info, spotter and if it's possible from the pitwall (I don't how it says in english the "desk" that you see when cross the finish line xD with lap info.)

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

1. PR
    2. documentation
    3. API

15. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

1. driving feeling similar to Netcar-pro
    2. tire model, FFB, weather, live track, HDR
    3. modding tools

16. Omicron

Omicron Registered

1. Dynamic weather and track surface
    2. Graphics (Real-time reflections, animations and visual tire deformation & wear etc.)
    3. Physics (New tire model, better FFB)

17. Jux

Jux Registered

1. Rally tracks and physics (hopefully in final product)
    2. Improved physics and ffb
    3. Plugin management system

18. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I have seen multiple people mentioning the improved hot-swapping during endurance races. Is that wishfull thinking, or have I missed it being announced?????

I have seen it mentioned by ISI, but it was more along the lines that it will be included IF rejoining during races was working fine (if I remember correct). I can't remember having seen a final note on that subject.....

19. thuGG

thuGG Registered

ISI said that they are working on it, it was quite some time ago. The mentioned also that they are working on a possibility to reconnect to a race when you got CL.

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

3 years ago Gjon said, that driver swapping will be solved in rF2. So I count on it.