Open Beta This Week?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DougSpinster, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg333

sg333 Registered

I assumed the 18 months was from the day of buying the beta, so if the beta lasts say 2 months we end up with 16 months of subscription for the full RF2. No ??

2. Crash

Crash Registered

lol, We're all gonna get to see you have some more fibre in your future diet on youtube! :) Let us know when you've posted it.

You need to read a few more posts back than what you did, this is Tim's answer to the question...

Not sure why you think it's stupid? think of it as pre-ordering the game, with the pre-order you get to participate in the beta, you of course get the full game at release, and assuming it's less than 6 months between you "pre-ordering" and when rf2 is released.. you also get some bonus months over anyone that waits and buys the game at release... whats the stupid bit?

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I think suberbike is assuming possibility of no releasing v1.0 in 6 months after open beta release.
    Finally no one guarantees that v1.0 will see a light of day even in 18 months after beta.

I would be more careful with "participate" world. There is no any guarantee that voice of any one of us will be taken into account. Just see what happened to Q&A thread.

Moreover I don't like if beta tester must pay for being able to help company. I think he should be paid (doesn't matter how) for the job. But world has turned upside-down. So it is not kinda unique behaviour nowadays. Finally no one is forced to buy open beta. Any one is free to wait for full release.

4. superbike81

superbike81 Registered

Well, I guess I won't be activating my online subscription during the beta period then. That is asinine to say it's a "bonus" 6 months of subscription when part of that is beta testing where I'm sure many things won't be functional or polished.

So ISI lied about the 6 "bonus" months, I lied about eating that box.

:)

5. CraigT

CraigT Registered

You guys need to relax...wait until the "Beta" is released and then decide whether or not you are going to support it or not.
    Until then..CHILL..it's nor your call!

6. Rogenator

Rogenator Registered

Here Here I got it pay 56 bucks get 18mos of play and get full game hmmm no brainer then 13 bucks
    get a year yup works for me. Anyone buyin ps or nintendo stuff ck the price of games.!!
    I am 66 and a retired Ferrari Tech. Raced karts since 7yrs old we maid them lol.

Just hope rf2 makes it out before I do. Rogenator

7. superbike81

superbike81 Registered

I have no problem with "buying" the beta, but they shouldn't be advertising it as a "bonus" 6 months, because a significant portion of that 6 months will be using a game that is not complete.

I pay my fees for iRacing, and I paid to get into the Alpha-test of C.A.R.S., and I have no problem with it, but offering an incentive for doing it that isn't even really an incentive is an insult.

8. Pep

Pep Registered

Do you think all the negativity filling the threads of this forum, as well as ASR's and iRacing's is residual effects of the only racing community feeling it was abandoned by Papy and then EA?

The fact is all PC sim developers have contributed to our community over the years but none more than ISI. I was pleasantly surprised when the pricing for rFactor2 was announced. I think it is worth far more than what they are asking.

Parents were wrong to give into their childrens bellyaching. Look what happens when they grow up (or never do grow up).

9. rci808

rci808 Registered

i'm actually having more fun reading these forum wars than playing isi games... keep holding on to that rf2 thing isi!... never release it!

10. superbike81

superbike81 Registered

I also think that rFactor 2 is going to be a great value.

But if I said you can have 18 months of Burger King lunches for free, and then you show up and you can only choose between 2 menu items for the first 6 months, wouldn't you be a little confused? I'm not mad, just confused.

11. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

18= 6 month beta + 12 month final version

I think they are going to give 6 months to people who are buying the beta and after the game is finished, 6 month later the beta release, they will release the final version! So couting from there you still have the 12 month.... this is an assumption ofcourse....

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I think ISI should give us rF2 for free and all the employees hand over their first born as well. Now that would be a fair shake because only getting 18 months of online activity from the date I purchase rF2 is such a ripoff. Some of you guys need to get a grip. As Tim says, be part of the beta or don't, it's up to you.

13. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Don't be so sarspadidious or ill give you a bombastical swipe across the physiozical. Talking conscientiously without the slightest authority.......

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not to split hairs, but you don't pay $56 - the first year is included :)

Also, not sure where all the talk of a 'bonus' 6 months has come from - pretty sure Tim's only ever said those signing up for the open beta got 18 months instead of the usual 12. Lots of people assume the beta will be less than 6 months, giving extra months on top of someone who only buys the initial release, but that's their choice/problem... not ISI...

15. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

As for me I am getting the game on day one because I have already have pre-ordered it in a promotional give-away. I am probably a little more itching to receive then some of you. Complain as some of you will, if it wasn't for some of us who dedicate out our time to make sure that rFactor2 will work flawlessly for you so that we can have an awesome time racing amongst each other later.

Just a side note about any beta today: For the past year I have been in closed beta testing another race game and now they are in open beta. During that testing we were given the cars in close beta and when the open beta came out we lost all the cars in our account and now have to purchase the cars to race. You are all lucky here to have cars free to play with and to have mods continuously being created to play on rF1 and rF2.

Lets look at some of the race games out there now and how they are selling a product, iRacing, Simbin, SWR, to name a few. You are lucky that the ISI group is to sell you a product at a one time price and you can add on it so far for just 13 dollars a year and have internet access. At SWR you can pay from 45 cents to 5 dollars for one car if you want to race in a Event, And then maybe you have to pay a dollar to even race that event. Yes you have a prize to win if you do win.

I have been hosting rFactor on servers for many years now for free to everyone and I still will host rf2 even if it costs a little bit more. I expect that some of the members who races on my series now won't be racing rF2 because of the nonsense idea why they won't buy the game. Oh Well. The rest of us will have a new toy and be having a AWESOME time playing with it :)

Sorry if the grammar is not correct. I try my best to write in english

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  16. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Nah, it's just people growing tired of capitalism ;)

I think you think too much :)

That's jus the thing, isn't it? When people feel the need to think / talk about something (rF2 in this case), they will eventually run out of things to think / talk about. When that happens, they will start making up new things, because they just can't stop :)

Relax, do some other cool stuff in the meantime, and open beta will come eventually.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  17. sg333

sg333 Registered

So if Tim is correct, t-minus two weeks / 14 days :D

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

where has Tim said it'll be out Christmas Day?

19. sg333

sg333 Registered

^^ out BY, not necessarily ON xmas day

In this thread:

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

There is his post somewhere on the forum, where he said we will be driving rF 2 before Christmas (well, something like that).

EDIT: sg333 was faster :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.