Pre Ordering rFactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gav-Aus, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Gav-Aus

Gav-Aus Registered

G Day All,

Been sometime since I posted as most my questions have been answered however I’ve not been able to locate any information regarding my latest question so apologies if it is asked and answered as I’ve not been able to find it.

Question – Are we able to Pre Order and pay for rF2?

If this has been discussed can someone please advise where and I then ask the moderators if they can lock, delete this post.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

There is open beta coming (with only limited content) but if you buy open beta you will get full game when it's ready.
    No preorder before open beta as far as I know.

More info here: LINK

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The open beta will serve as this if you want to do it. It'll be the only way to get it before the initial release.

4. Gav-Aus

Gav-Aus Registered

Thanks Gents

Thanks guys really do appreciate the reply.

(G Day Tim, been a few years buddy)

I would love to get involved in this and ask if a link or location is available to place my order, if not where would I be able to add my name to be involved?

Thanks Again Gents

Regards
    Gavin
    Austeam Racing
    <-- for Tim to remember me "lol"

5. 88mphTim

It'll be open, just keep checking the forum. :D

You'll be able to buy and then wait out the beta, or buy and then get stuck straight in. Or wait until the initial release (after beta).

I'm not sure if it's because of forums and having to read and reply, but I remember almost every person I've conversed with a lot on forums. It's weird... It's similar actually to photos... My wife and went to the Zoo this past weekend and she said to take a photo of an animal doing something, but I told her I knew I had a photo of that animal doing exactly what it was doing already. :) My memory isn't that good except when I write or photograph it. :)

Hoping to see more old 'faces' around soon!

6. maatriks

maatriks Registered

I would rather pre-order the game during open beta, then you'll get initially 18 months of online account instead of 12 months.

7. NoobRacer

NoobRacer Registered

Apologies if it has been asked and answered before, but would the 18 months start ticking over when the beta lands or when the actual release is out? A protracted beta cycle can of course easily erode 18 months (8 years of software dev experience myself so I know lol).

8. dragon

dragon Registered

Tim, when will you know when I will be able to download versions of the bete rF2? :confused:

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

after he tells me FIRST ;)

10. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

I have more of 1000000 visits isi forum during the last year . Are there any special discount for this reason??? :p:eek::rolleyes:

11. shum94

shum94 Registered

It's my birthday today, i really like to buy as a present rFactor 2 lol

12. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I'm just going to come out and say it: this game won't be released in final v1.0 form until sometime in 2012.

13. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

...that's pretty much what most expected and gives us a range of 53 to 418 days. I'd imagine from the fact open beta testers will get an 18 month subscription rather than a 12 month one on initial purchase that they expect to release in seven months or fewer.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Five or fewer? :)

Remember guys, open betas come after closed betas... we aren't going to be getting the first test release, we're getting something beta testers have already been playing with for months...

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

so whats new? Tims been saying almost exactly that for ages!

16. RT1971

RT1971 Registered

Happy Birthday Shum94, come on Tim give him his present now so we can all unwrap it together.:)
    Then we can all remember what day his birthday is every time we play RF2.

17. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Send me your bank account details and I'll send you the beta right now, No Waiting! Guaranteed Satisfaction! .

18. 88mphTim

It depends on the length of the open beta, but that's certainly possible and I've been saying that for a couple of months. :) Even before that I was saying you'd 'be able to get your hands on it during 2011' when asked, which is what the open beta would be and that was as certain as I could be. But at the moment it's still as we've said: Open beta 2011, initial release 2011 if possible, but if not, then not. There isn't a set schedule still within the company, it makes no financial difference to us whether it's 2011 or not. Frankly if Gjon decided to hold it for any reason, it'd be held. But there's no plan to do so, closed beta should complete 'soon'.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Looks like I have more recent information than Tim, cause I know for sure if initial release will be this year or not.

20. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

The way you phrase that I get this mental image of Gjon sitting over a big red button marked rFactor 2, reaching out to touch it, withdrawing his hand and laughing maniacally.